Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Feck it im ordering one tomorrow,seeing the video and hearing it has done it for me,getting the R77D carbon, love the look of it and sounds sweet :thumbup

·
Registered
15 Posts
I gotta feeling these are gonna get popular, been looking at these myself for a few weeks now and have also decided to take the plunge after seeing the video.
Now what's gonna look best on a tricolour, stainless or carbon?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I wouldn't go by the graph, even if it's not a huge gain in performance its a huge gain in every other way and lets face it, the bike is hardly a slouch in performance to start with.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Not bothered about small power gain, CB's fast enough for me, :thumbup but reckon i.ll have a bigger grin on me face when its fiitted :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
The weight savings you get with the Yoshi is worth it.I had mine dyno'd with the Yoshi two weeks ago.It added about 6 hp.The reason I had it dyno'd mostly was for them to make me a map for the PCV.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That graph for the ZX-10 is a slip on, while the R-77D for the CB is a 3/4 system and may get more gains. The weight savings, sound and the looks still make it worth it even if it's only 5-10hp. My biggest concern and question is if the PC is needed. I know everyone has their opinion on this but has anyone ever ran the stock bike on a dyno, recorded the air/fuel and then installed the yoshi and looked at the air/fuel after? Seems like this would end this debate forever. I added some graphs of when I had my car tuned a couple of times. On the 8psi dyno you can clearly see the air/fuel ratio all across the rev range. Has anyone ever done this on a stock CB to get a baseline? My 11psi dyno graph just shows the peak air/fuel but I'm sure the tuner could of plotted air/fuel if I asked. As you can see on the right hand side, it would still show if it ever ran lean during the run. This would be a simple way to settle this whole de-cat lean fueling debate once and for all.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
i thought a zx 10 was a highly tuned engine,where as the cb1000r was a detuned engine,
and to be honest we'll have the pc or not to pc debate for ever and a day.
All i know is i've fitted one runs spot on ,i dont ride like casey or pedrosa i'm happy going fast but have no desire to get a naked bike to do 160 plus.
but hey i dont walk round with a walnut clenched between me arse cheeks ,wondering if its gunna break or not

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Went out for another blast today, thing sounds like a moto gp bike now. Its great. Makes me want to go too fast everywhere tho just to hear it, lol......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know if the Yoshi R77D exhaust is EU approved ? In belgium it doesn't matter but germany, france, ... you need to have an EU stamp on the exhaust :banghead

·
Registered
51 Posts
d'oh

well if your driving in germany and you don't have an EU stamp on your exhaust, you can leave your bike on the side of the road, when the cops spot it... can't take that risk :angry

no yoshi for me then in the near future :rolleyes

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
'Officially' it's track use only but then so are all the other makes when you remove the baffle, which everyone does.

It doesn't bother me, they'd have to catch me first :potty :thumbup

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
If its got for race use only stamped on exhaust its illegal , if it worries you , you can get e mark or Bsau stickers to go over that.
Any way feck the old bill, :twofin , oops did i already mention that

21 - 40 of 43 Posts