Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure whether I want the single outlet or double outlet. But have a few questions. Is the R77d 3 decibels quieter than the R77 with the db killer in or out? Which do yinz think looks best with the bike? Do they have a difference in tone? How loud is the R77d since it doesn't come with a db killer? And why did you go with the one you chose?

I've watched every YouTube video available but everyone says that videos don't do a pipe justice, so I figured id just listen to everyone's opinions since I can't hear the pipes in person since I've never seen another cb1000r in western Pennsylvania.

Thanks in advance, Armando

R77
https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4816-2055-r-77-stainlesscarbon-34-system.aspx

R77d
https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4818-2055-r-77d-stainlesscarbon-34-system.aspx

·
Registered
200 Posts
Post up a link showing both pipes. No doubt you'll get more feedback that way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The 77d is little loud for my taste but I'm old and like things quieter. The stock system was to quiet though. I'm not sure if the 77 is quieter or not.I've never heard them side by side,just what I've read and it's supposed to be quieter but not by much.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got the R77 (not the D). Personally I prefer the look and I also like having the option of taking the baffle out if I want. I tend to leave it in though!.

DSC_0216.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
The D sounds great but is definitely not quiet. I tend to keep the RPMs down around town to keep the bike quieter.
I got the D because I prefer its looks. If you don't have a preference for looks, then get the R77 so you can have the option of less noise. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
The D sounds great but is definitely not quiet. I tend to keep the RPMs down around town to keep the bike quieter.
I got the D because I prefer its looks. If you don't have a preference for looks, then get the R77 so you can have the option of less noise. :)[/QUOTE

What he said. I love the tone but it's loud.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got one from insurance, the dealer wrote up a big list and I got a PCV, ebc XC wave rotors, and a full carbon yoshi for free ..... I just dont know what r77 version I got yet. Either way Mine was free and I'll be happy.

·
Banned
671 Posts
I just got one from insurance, the dealer wrote up a big list and I got a PCV, ebc XC wave rotors, and a full carbon yoshi for free ..... I just dont know what r77 version I got yet. Either way Mine was free and I'll be happy.

I quess one of those rolling burnouts didn't quite go to plan!!!!

BOBSTA:guinness

·
Registered
68 Posts
No, Actually last month my Boss at work backed his F350 up into my bike so i made as big of a stink about it as I could and threw a bunch of parts on the insurance list once I realized the insurance adjuster knew nothing about bikes. So I ended up with a little over 3 Grand to buy new stuff, get it painted again, and play with the rest of the money to get the pipe, pcv, and rotors. Oh and I bought two VFR800 rims so after killing a tire it will be a quick 4 lug nut wheel swap to keep the bike on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts