Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently fitted a new Yoshi R-77 and have noticed the muffler mount bracket is different to any other i have seen.I've searched everywhere to find similar mounting pics but mine seems unique.The way mine is mounted is actually about an inch(25mm)higher up and therefore should give that little bit more clearance.Anyone correct me if i'm wrong..I have included some pics so you can see what i mean..I bought this pipe on December 1st and fitted it just yesterday after it arrived from America.Maybe the team at Yoshi listened to people about the clearance issues. DSCN2476.jpg DSCN2470.jpg DSCN2468.jpg DSCN2472.jpg DSCN2474.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
yoshi groung clearance

I've recently fitted a new Yoshi R-77 and have noticed the muffler mount bracket is different to any other i have seen.I've searched everywhere to find similar mounting pics but mine seems unique.The way mine is mounted is actually about an inch(25mm)higher up and therefore should give that little bit more clearance.Anyone correct me if i'm wrong..I have included some pics so you can see what i mean..I bought this pipe on December 1st and fitted it just yesterday after it arrived from America.Maybe the team at Yoshi listened to people about the clearance issues. View attachment 15407 View attachment 15408 View attachment 15409 View attachment 15410 View attachment 15411
ive just checked my yoshi pipe, and if anything, yours looks a smidge lower...............the tail pipe straps lower fixing, looks like your fingers could fit in there, but on mine theres no chance.............hard to say with out measuring.........

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive just checked my yoshi pipe, and if anything, yours looks a smidge lower...............the tail pipe straps lower fixing, looks like your fingers could fit in there, but on mine theres no chance.............hard to say with out measuring.........
Yes i agree my muffler strap is in a different position as most peoples,mine being closer to the Yoshi badge..But if you were to place the strap in the original mount hole(the bolt closest to the front),then the muffler strap would be over aluminium strap with the 3 rivets in it.
Therefore the exhaust has to be that little bit higher up..My first pic is more square on and you can see what i mean.
I would love to hear from anyone who has bought a new Yoshi the same just recently..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I got mine around the same time at yours, but without the new bracket as mine was an old stock according to Emil from powersports. This is the reply from yoshimura when Emil ask him what is the problem with the bracket ABOUT THE BRACKET.

I wrote:
Good morning Doug,

Any news about bracket #12100-BRKT for 11-12 CB1000R?
Thanks, Emil.

HIS ANSWER:

"Tail pipe (12100-419) has been updated due to production tolerances. Warranty replace only with tailpipes manufacturing 10-1-2012 or after."

When I asked him why he is talking about the tailpipe when I asked him about the bracket he said because they problem is with
the bracket that is welded on the tail pipe # 12100-419 not 12100-BRKT.
Also the problem only affected those that was made after 10-1-2012, my current stock was made month before that.

as you said, your strap was lot closer compare to mine. it could be to tackle the ground clearance issue.

IMG_1169.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts

unless they changed the lower fixing point and put a more gentle curve before the tail pipe it cant be any higher.............just my thoughts...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The exhaust is definately higher..Yes that's right..The tail pipe has been increased in length by about 25mm(1 inch) to tackle the ground clearance issue..And the new black bracket as shown in my pics is to keep the muffler loop strap off the aluminium strap with the 3 rivets in it..
As you can see in pinit's pic above,the riveted strap is about 25mm down from the old original exhaust mount height.Now the new position is directly below this because of the lenght of the pipe..

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi Jaydee... yes your right. it took me alot of flicking between pictures of my bike and yours, to see.
like you said very small changes, but hopefully it,ll work........;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi guys looks like mine is like yours pinit . if its not just the bracket been changed but the down pipe as well, then we will have to put up with the lack of ground clearance that some guys have found out to there cost on track. IMG_0919.jpg IMG_0920.jpg IMG_0921.jpg

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm glad i held off buying mine until december now as this little more clearance is enough to keep me confident about leaning her right over again.I used to lean her right over with the original exhaust and never scraped like some people said they have done..So i may have been close and never realized this..
If you want the new improved Yoshi exhaust,I recommend buying from Surfside Moto in America.That's where i bought mine and i had it delivered in 7 days to Australia..I reckon other suppliers might still have some old stock,as tthamrin said in his post he bought his around the same time as me but he got the original Yoshi..

Update: I have received an email back from Yoshimura and they confirmed the tail pipe was redesigned in october to increase the tolerance..

·
Registered
16 Posts
To everyone out there, please listen to jaydee and do buy the new bracket version of yoshi as mine got scraped in normal road condition. Silly me, i should have be more patient when i bought mine cause were thinking how often do you do track days.

IMG_1198.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Too little to late for me.....I ended up selling my yoshi. Check out the sparks near the rear wheel of this pic. Ended up with the same scratch marks as tthamrin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts