Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Guys,
i recently installed SC Project ( full head end + slip on) on my HONDA CB1000R 2018.
SC1R Muffler + Titanium Head End and would like to know if the new woolich system can be used to tune up with the SC Project? If yes what hardware do i need to purchase ?
Highly appreciate your responses ?
Warm regards, GN

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Guys,
i recently installed SC Project ( full head end + slip on) on my HONDA CB1000R 2018.
SC1R Muffler + Titanium Head End and would like to know if the new woolich system can be used to tune up with the SC Project? If yes what hardware do i need to purchase ?
Highly appreciate your responses ?
Warm regards, GN
Yes, the Woolich will be able to tune your specific setup. What you will need is the 2018-2020 CB1000R - Log Box K v3 + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband Package. The package includes the Wideband O2 Sensor which connects to the Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Controller. There is a bit of wiring to complete as the kit does come with a relay and wiring but it isn't difficult to follow the instructions. This selection is the Autotune package, basically you are logging the AFR stored on the Log Box K v3 after each run and is reset after each start, multiple logs can be stored. Each time you do a run i.e. 30min, you take the log file stored in the logbox, review it, save it, then upload directly to the ECU via the logbox. Be mindful you are overwriting the stock ECU, not likely, but there are inherent risks when doing this like bricking your ECU. It may take a few log runs and overwrites to obtain a decent map, maybe around 6 or so. Obviously there are other benefits with the Woolich as well, taken directly from the link provided:

Features available for Honda CB1000R 2018-2020
  • IAP Fuel Maps
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Timing Maps
  • Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) Maps
  • Adjust Idle RPM
  • Adjust Fan Temperature
  • Disable Evap / Purge Valve
  • Disable Stock O2 Sensor
  • Disable Deceleration Fuel Cut
  • Disable PAIR Valve / AIS
  • Disable Top Speed Limiter
Hope this helps. Oh, if I was to say the most positive thing about Woolich is their support, they answer quickly and have always helped me out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So it's not just a reflash?
How is this any better than a rapidbike I wonder?
It's twice the price if you factor in the work involved too...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm sticking with the rapid bike
To be honest Rapidbike does a fine job, I probably would have kept it but for $100USD for a key as I already had the hardware it was an easy decision. I'm still playing with the woolich atm, autotuning a manual base map I have played with, still need a few more tunes until I see some decent results, not expecting huge gains, just cleaning up the mapping. The benefit of woolich is being able to adjust the following:
  • IAP Fuel Maps
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Timing Maps
  • Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) Maps
  • Adjust Idle RPM
  • Adjust Fan Temperature
  • Disable Evap / Purge Valve
  • Disable Stock O2 Sensor
  • Disable Deceleration Fuel Cut
  • Disable PAIR Valve / AIS
  • Disable Top Speed Limiter

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2019 cb1000r had ecu tuning this week it is amazing ! Did by a good tuner in the netherlands ! I’m very happy about it ! I have a full akrapovic system with db killer in it .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mid range has definitely been cleaned up. Was the PAIR/AIS disabled during the dyno tune do you know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The mid range has definitely been cleaned up. Was the PAIR/AIS disabled during the dyno tune do you know?
I don’t know , the lamba’s or disconected and he’s give a lot more gasoline now . The riding is amazing . Also have another airfilter . The tuner said that without the db killer he goes to 160 horsepower ..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dyno's are subjective but there is definitely an improvement there especially with the the AFR as it was quite lean in the 6k range by the looks. Well done, enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts