Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like how they got rid of the null at 5 to 6 grand. If you don't mind me asking what did it all cost?
Well that's a good question, I installed the air filter, headers and can myself. That cost about $1500. The shop installed block off plates, removed the evap and dyno/tune for about $900. When you look at the cost it is a lot of money, even typing it now seem pretty crazy. I have put 1500 miles on it since and I can say it is now a animal. The mid range on the street is just wicked. I love the tune but the full system is pretty loud. I would suggest to most people to just get it tuned stock or with a slip-on. From my understanding they could tune out the dip in the low end np, and the power commander, if it ever comes out for the CB can not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
love it, glad to have found a tuning location, still want that abortion of a cat off, so a bypass and new can will be, cant wait to get the bike. thanks for the post.
Well its been over 6 months with all the of work done and in May I rode from AZ to WA and back. I still love the CB but am on the fence if I would get it all over again. For me the mods totally change the riding experience. Most of the time I am riding below 8k and that's where the torque deficient is. On the other hand I really don't full throttle on the street, 30 to 50% I would guess, so it is all in my head and not worth? I guess everyone will have to made that decision for themselves.

Although I love that Hondas looks and quality, I think I should of gotten the MT10 SP. More power, better sound, quick shifter as standard and CRUISE CONTROL! Honda really screwed up with the last updated and should of added the QS and CC to the bike.

As for me I am keeping the CB but picking up a KTM 690 SMCR next week. In the long rode, I don't know if the CB will have a place in my garage, I cant keep them all but I also have regrets form most of the bike I have ever sold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For a guy thats not looking for the most powerful bike, but looks and rideability, what are your thoughts? Do you think the tune and exhaust is a must? Or is stock a good option. I really love the looks of the black edition, yeah no cruise control, but is going to be a city ride for the most part. I love uamaha, but the mt is pretty inferior when it comes to looks. For a weekend warrior who wants an occasionally wheelie and head turning looks im pretty stuck on the cb. What say you.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
What we each like is different, but I can tell you that in real world performance ‐ can you keep up with or ahead of sports bikes 😎 - the CB doesn't lack.

If you need to make the bike faster, upgrade the suspension.

If you need more power, buy a different bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say that going full system/emissions delete is not the only option. My understanding is that the woolich tune can be done with out any mods or just a slip on. The mods (especially the block off plates) just make it a lot easier to tune. The tuners use the true AFR out of the exhaust and the air injection into the the exhaust is hard for them to tune around. That means the torque dip between 4 to 6k could be fix with less noise and save yourself $600. The full system is very loud, but like I said, I did over 3k miles in 2 weeks last May and it didn't bother me at all. To each their own.

·
Registered
269 Posts
For a guy thats not looking for the most powerful bike, but looks and rideability, what are your thoughts? Do you think the tune and exhaust is a must? Or is stock a good option. I really love the looks of the black edition, yeah no cruise control, but is going to be a city ride for the most part. I love uamaha, but the mt is pretty inferior when it comes to looks. For a weekend warrior who wants an occasionally wheelie and head turning looks im pretty stuck on the cb. What say you.
you can only know when you get your bike.
i didn't like the flat power between 4-6krpm. that's why i installed a full system and a tuner. full tune is next.
probably an inline-4 is not suited for the OP? personally i love inline 4's (super smooth and revvy).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cb is for me, thanks guys. Ill ride it. If the mid range is bearable, then stock it wiil be. Should out run my super 10 out of the box. Luv the bike, cant wait. Thanks for your input gentlemen.🙂

·
Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,669 Posts
My other bike is a SC77 SP with a UK spec ECU flash. In Mode 3 rain mode (P5, T8) I can roll on the throttle and get wheel lift in 2nd gear. My stock NSC has plenty of power for the street.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.