Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi This is my first ever post on here, I ve just bought a 2010 cb1000r and love it. This is my first BIG bike after the ER650f so the first thing I notice is the wind blast. Ive ordered a wind shield but would like to know some thoughts about people who have had them fitted like has it ruined the look or does it make you go faster. I'm needing to smoke my mate on his gsxr 600 so i thought this would help do it in comfort.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
do a bit of searching on the site and you'll find it's Capulets and Montagues when it comes to screens. Romeo hasn't quite gotten to stabbing Tybalt, but it's a near-run thing!

you've already 'shown your colours' anyway, cuz you've ordered one...

as for smoking a GSXR600, I suspect that'll be a pretty even match, unless the road is tight and your buddy is particularly 'keen'. I've track-dayed mine quite a few times, and I generally out-run 'stock' 600s unless they're in really capable hands... let us know how it goes for you!

(p.s. I belong to the 'screen' camp - clear, so it doesn't screw the lines of the bike too badly...)

(oh, and next thread I opened included this photo:
http://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23777&d=1438717918
lovely - clear screen - excellent colourway - no hassles...)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've got a screen and hate the way it ruins the lines. Great for keeping the wind and weather off on long trips but for honing around locally it goes back in its box

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly what I was thinking to do Stephen. I live as far north as you get so weather is a problem so when its too bad thats when the er6f comes out but can't leave the cb only for the fine days or it'll never get used.

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
Wow ! Far North - I've only made it up to Durness !

Bike looks nice - Being up there I can see why you might need some weather protection - I suppose it depends on what you're doing (lots of touring, commuting or general blasting !)

If you do a search for screens there are quite a large number of pictures and tips posted that will help you make a decision...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I fitted a screen, I hate the looks, I love the usefulness. The bike looks 100% better without the screen, but I could not have done Belgium to Sunderland in one day without a screen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got the power bronze screen on mine and in all honesty I would have been better sellotaping the money I spent on it onto the front for all the good it does, it's barely bigger than what's already there. It looks good but is bloody useless !

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Dear god. This is a motorbike. Of course there's a breeze. It doesn't take long to build a little neck muscle. Sure beats all that ugly schitt.

:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts