Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything else on the bike is angular and thoughtfully designed and integrated, but the indicators are pig ugly, what were Honda thinking?!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
While a) that's a good question, b) they're the standard indicators that go on all Honda bikes and have done for a while now. I have them on my 600 Hornet at the moment and although there are better and smaller ones available, they're not as big or ugly as the older ones and I chose to keep them on mine because they don't look bad and I need visible indicators as I ride every day in all weather. The big problem comes from the fact that they require two holes for the mount: one for the cable to go through, and another for the mounting thread. This stops the indicators spinning round if they come loose, but it also means that replacing them tends to leave a spare hole :thumbdown

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Yes they are very much "corporate" indicators...as fitted to just about all Honda's in the UK and Europe... at least they have clear lenses.

The same style indicators were fitted to Hornets from 2002, but the poor Americans got the ugly square things as seen on earlier CBR's, plus their bikes are plastered in reflectors - so I think we've got it OK on the style front at least (we won't go down the price route though) :lol

Most people will rip off the standard indicators and fit aftermarket ones I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts