Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mostly the blue car. They might argue that always check your mirror before turning but what do you expect from someone who drives a Renault

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yeah, I really don't care what the pedantic letter of the UK law says about percentages and whatnot. The blue car driver is a can't drive dickhead that should have never attempted to pass like that.

Passing like that at that speed with oncoming traffic was stupid. Where is people's sense of self-preservation? The oncoming suv driver should be mad at the blue car also for moving into their lane.

Then again, you have screwy traffic markings and laws over there. Maybe that is considered ok. Over here, the blue car driver is a dickhead all day long.

Reactions: COLVERT

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Yeah, I really don't care what the pedantic letter of the UK law says about percentages and whatnot. The blue car driver is a can't drive dickhead that should have never attempted to pass like that.

Passing like that at that speed with oncoming traffic was stupid. Where is people's sense of self-preservation? The oncoming suv driver should be mad at the blue car also for moving into their lane.

Then again, you have screwy traffic markings and laws over there. Maybe that is considered ok. Over here, the blue car driver is a dickhead all day long.
------------------- Like button..jpg

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Quote---( From BIGONE> )-----I remain fascinated that you appear deaf and blind to the fact that a signal ‘s intended meaning is open to interpretation.

I am partially deaf but even on a good day I couldn't hear a car indicator working. Lol.

Not blind as to me that flashing indicator could mean--

1/ I am turning right.

2/ I am about to overtake a cyclist.

3/ I have acidentley hit the indicator stalk and I don't know it's flashing

4/ I forgot to cancel it from my last right turn.

Non of those things means-----Go ahead, overtake me.---:bad--:bad--:bad

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
what is your plan, Geordie? Are you going to try to fight the decision? I assume yes on the 25 vs 50% share of blame ...?
As far as the decision goes, I am screwed. My insurance company took great pleasure in pointing out to me, buried in the terms and conditions, they have the final say. So I will end up with somewhere between 25 and 50% of the blame for this accident, as that is the cheapest option for the insurance company.

I will be raising a claim with the Financial Services Ombudsman, who oversee the insurance service but they can only rule on procedure not blame. My insurance company have made errors, they misinterpreted case law and have been trying to justify this to me and mislead me as to case law. That said, I will win that but that will not change the fact I am still held as accountable for the crash.

I am struggling with this as I thought the video would vindicate me, live and learn.........

·
Registered
144 Posts
Insurance Companies are like bookies, they are the only ones that win. It appears fairly clear in the video the blue car is at fault. Hope you buck the trend and win cos it seams fairly clear cut to me

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Quote---( From BIGONE> )-----I remain fascinated that you appear deaf and blind to the fact that a signal ‘s intended meaning is open to interpretation.

I am partially deaf but even on a good day I couldn't hear a car indicator working. Lol.

Not blind as to me that flashing indicator could mean--

1/ I am turning right.

2/ I am about to overtake a cyclist.

3/ I have acidentley hit the indicator stalk and I don't know it's flashing

4/ I forgot to cancel it from my last right turn.

Non of those things means-----Go ahead, overtake me.---:bad--:bad--:bad

I guarantee every one of us regularly passes people who are signaling to pull into traffic. The signal to do so is not a right of way. But whatever.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I guarantee every one of us regularly passes people who are signaling to pull into traffic. The signal to do so is not a right of way. But whatever.
Even if it means pulling over into the OPPOSITE side of the road.---:rollin

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
It's like you are completely unable to look at this from any perspective but Geordie's.
Yes, I totally agree with you. And that's what I've based all my comments on. Just my opinion, that's all. Others have their own opinions of course which is natural.----;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
One thing many might not of thought about!
the silver car is in front and performing a manoeuvre, therefore he has right of way.
He was poorly positioned and should have checked his mirrors before turning, then he would have seen the blue car.
The blue car was driven by a complete dangerous moron who should be charged with dangerous driving with intent to endanger life. Overtaking on a junction?
He was with two wheels on the wrong side of the road for God sake.
Just my take on video lol.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
One thing many might not of thought about!
the silver car is in front and performing a maneuver, therefore he has right of way.
He was poorly positioned and should have checked his mirrors before turning, then he would have seen the blue car.
The blue car was driven by a complete dangerous moron who should be charged with dangerous driving with intent to endanger life. Overtaking on a junction?
He was with two wheels on the wrong side of the road for God sake.
Just my take on video lol.
Like button..jpg ----------------------

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
As far as the decision goes, I am screwed. My insurance company took great pleasure in pointing out to me, buried in the terms and conditions, they have the final say. So I will end up with somewhere between 25 and 50% of the blame for this accident, as that is the cheapest option for the insurance company.

I will be raising a claim with the Financial Services Ombudsman, who oversee the insurance service but they can only rule on procedure not blame. My insurance company have made errors, they misinterpreted case law and have been trying to justify this to me and mislead me as to case law. That said, I will win that but that will not change the fact I am still held as accountable for the crash.

I am struggling with this as I thought the video would vindicate me, live and learn.........
Hi, Geordie.----Did you ever post up the result of this ??

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hi, Geordie.----Did you ever post up the result of this ??
It isn't settled yet, they are still arguing about blame! To be honest I have stopped asking them for progress reports. I am sure they will inform me when it is settled, until then I don't even want to think about it as I just get angry.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
It isn't settled yet, they are still arguing about blame! To be honest I have stopped asking them for progress reports. I am sure they will inform me when it is settled, until then I don't even want to think about it as I just get angry.
Anything yet ???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Anything yet ???
Sorry for the late reply, I don't get much time for internet forums these days.

This matter was resolved, it took a year, blame was split 80:20 in my favour. That said it is irrelevant as 1% blame is still classed as a blame accident. So off the back of this, my bike insurance has doubled and we are penalised twice on the car policy for the same accident. The car was registered and insured in my wifes name, so she has a claim against her and I have a blame accident against me. As it is a multicar policy which we are both on, it counts as two incidents. So both car insurances have gone up too.

Not happy with the outcome but ultimately your insurance company have the final say, there is nothing you can do about it!

Incidentally, the insurance company are Aviva.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I don't get much time for internet forums these days.

This matter was resolved, it took a year, blame was split 80:20 in my favour. That said it is irrelevant as 1% blame is still classed as a blame accident. So off the back of this, my bike insurance has doubled and we are penalised twice on the car policy for the same accident. The car was registered and insured in my wifes name, so she has a claim against her and I have a blame accident against me. As it is a multicar policy which we are both on, it counts as two incidents. So both car insurances have gone up too.

Not happy with the outcome but ultimately your insurance company have the final say, there is nothing you can do about it!

Incidentally, the insurance company are Aviva.
Did they explain why any part of it was your fault?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts