Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2019 NSC+
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my recent post where I had to buy a second-hand OEM toolkit…
Looking at the parts list it looks fairly empty, but I’m hoping the C-spanner is all I’ll need to adjust the rear suspension?
Should I seek out any other tools or is that the most useful item in the OEM toolkit?
View attachment 50770
@Bevo thankfully pointed out I would need a HW6 hex-bit to suit..
You'll need a HW6 hex bit to loosen the bearing holder pinch-bolts to adjust chain slack.
So I thought I’d post this thread to see what tools you’d recommend both carrying with the bike and having available at home.

I’ve got a 150 piece socket set, a torque wrench, breaker bar and the usual screwdrivers indoors. For the bike I guess the addition of some tyre plugs and NO2 canisters would help get me out of a bind..

What are you guys carrying with your NSC’s?

· Registered
130 Posts
Hi Dolph! This is the toolkit page from the OEM parts book for the VFR800: 2015 Honda VFR800FD 2AC TOOLS | Honda Sport Parts Warehouse The C-spanner for chain adjustment are ref# 7 and 12. I can verify this tool will fit and work on the CB1000R, as I have both the VFR and NSC in my stable. You should be able to take those part numbers to a UK distributor and purchase them.

I read on a forum, whether it was here or on the VFR forum that there is an aftermarket, better quality adjustment tool available, but I haven't spent any time searching for one.

· Registered
2019 NSC+
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dolph! This is the toolkit page from the OEM parts book for the VFR800: 2015 Honda VFR800FD 2AC TOOLS | Honda Sport Parts Warehouse The C-spanner for chain adjustment are ref# 7 and 12. I can verify this tool will fit and work on the CB1000R, as I have both the VFR and NSC in my stable. You should be able to take those part numbers to a UK distributor and purchase them.

I read on a forum, whether it was here or on the VFR forum that there is an aftermarket, better quality adjustment tool available, but I haven't spent any time searching for one.
Hey @3rdBike thanks for replying. I’ve already got that C-spanner - as I said in my original post I had to go and buy a second-hand kit but luckily that was included:

it’s just any missing or non-OEM parts that I’m curious to hear about

· Registered
61 Posts
If you ever intend to change the spark plugs yourself, don't make my mistake and do it without the proper Honda plug spanner. To get to plugs 2 &3 is a pain where you have to dismantle a few parts. In the end before I bought the proper spanner, I had to make up something to get to those 2 middle cylinder plugs. Should have bought the Honda spanner first. Way back in the 70s you always got a plug spanner with the bikes tool kit, not anymore!

· Registered
30 Posts
If you ever intend to change the spark plugs yourself, don't make my mistake and do it without the proper Honda plug spanner. To get to plugs 2 &3 is a pain where you have to dismantle a few parts. In the end before I bought the proper spanner, I had to make up something to get to those 2 middle cylinder plugs. Should have bought the Honda spanner first. Way back in the 70s you always got a plug spanner with the bikes tool kit, not anymore!
Could you link to the part you're referring to? So when the time comes I'll be ready

1 - 8 of 8 Posts