Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I tried searching the website but could not find a post on this.

which smartphone mount do you recommend?
Sp connect
Ram mount
quad lock
maybe another that I forgot :unsure:?

It should be a universal mount that i will install on my handle bar.

Drive safe !

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a Ram X mount on my Concours when I got in an accident and both me and the phone were ejected, which broke the phone. I had to borrow the cop's phone to call my wife. After that I have reservations about mounting it. I think if I did it again, I would mount a dedicated GPS rather than my phone. I am not saying the Ram mount was bad, just sharing a story.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I don't know what to recommend, but I have lost two phones when my Ram x mount failed to hold them during normal riding. I like Ram stuff, but the x mount sucks!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
LOL

Guys...I'm pretty sure he already knew that a phone can be carried in a pocket.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Right, but anyone considering a cell phone mount on a motorcycle should be thinking of where their cell phone might be if they end up departing their bike and laying in a ditch or corn field. Same for putting the phone in a tank bag.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Used the quad lock for 18 months on my ZX6R, no issues so far. Will be getting a new mount for my CB at some point.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
LMAO Bevo

Right, but anyone considering a cell phone mount on a motorcycle should be thinking of where their cell phone might be if they end up departing their bike and laying in a ditch or corn field. Same for putting the phone in a tank bag.
I get that and agree. I can't speak on the OP's planned use, but I normally keep my phone in my jacket pocket, screen in, same as you guys. Every now and then I need GPS. I don't want to install a dedicated GPS since I rarely need it and I like my phone's nav. better. In those cases, I use a phone mount. Life....a never ending string of compromises

I appreciate the advice and your point is valid. Now, back to the mounts!

Used the quad lock for 18 months on my ZX6R, no issues so far. Will be getting a new mount for my CB at some point.
Thanks for the recommendation!

What I don't like about that one is that you need their special case with the weird back. They don't even make one for the phone I have. It does look secure, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think, or last time I looked they do a generic stick on thing so you can use any case you want. I have an S21 and just use it for navigation when on my bike and have the directions come through my Sena. Some say you need the vibration dampening thing but some say you only need it if you have iPhone? My experience with an android phone has been fine though.

My only gripe with quad lock is they try and sell you the vibration thing as an add on when it should be included as standard because they only way you'll know if you need it is when your camera no longer works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quad lock! It’s held my phone at 240 with no probs, double locking action is easy to use and very secure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If anyone has a Quad Lock on their CB do you have the CB specific one for £79.99 or the handle bar mount one?

·
Registered
28 Posts

Bit expensive for me, I'll sell my stem mount then buy the bar mount I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, what are your experiences with a Iphone on the bike. I heard there are problems that the camera will fail/brake down because of the vibrations of the bike. Android phone's will no have this problem, only iphone's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I never had a problem with either but I didn't keep iphone 11 for long, maybe 12 months. I don't like ios. Never had problem with my S21 either, can't remember the android phone I had before the iPhone.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi, what are your experiences with a Iphone on the bike. I heard there are problems that the camera will fail/brake down because of the vibrations of the bike. Android phone's will no have this problem, only iphone's.
its to do weather the camera has mechanical zoom, stabilisation or digital/ software, not the make of the device ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve got a quad lock, it’s brilliant. Smokey… buy the vibration damper before you use it! I didn’t and it killed the camera on my iPhone. Not quadlocks fault, i saw it needed it from the website and was impatient. For £15.95, the damper is worth it. I’ve also added the wireless charger to mine too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts