Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition
86 Posts
No picture sadly ( of the actual moment ) but I remember the day clearly. I was with dad out by the front gate, probably around 1979 ish, I was 10. A neighbour pulled up outside on a shiny blue motorbike he’d just bought, he‘d come to show dad. I didn’t know exactly what it was at the time but now I do (Google picture below). I was absolutely amazed by this thing and the neighbour Tom said I could sit on it. I twisted the throttle and pulled the levers. Amazing feeling. Well that was it. I knew I was getting one as soon as I could, didn’t know how, when etc but I was. I actually rode my first motorbike properly aged about 15/16 when I started helping out on a local farm on weekends and holidays. Great days. Took my car test at 17 and then bike test aged 21 and the rest is history as they say. Had bikes ever since.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
41 Posts
It all started with a couple of mates, Alan and Tony in the mid 60s. Riding around a field on a couple of mopeds. Riding flat out, falling off and riding flat out again. My first brand new bike was a blue Norton Commando 750cc in 1971. Bikes are in my familys blood, as my half brother used to race motorcycles, an actual Isle of Man TT winner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll join in on the fun ... this was my first "dirt bike", an early 70's SL100. I had to scour the net to find a picture of one as I don't have a picture of the one I owned. =D I actually rode a highly modified full size Honda 50 before this (it had Yamaha tubular front forks to replace the original Honda suspension). Good times !!

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll join in on the fun ... this was my first "dirt bike", an early 70's SL100. I had to scour the net to find a picture of one as I don't have a picture of the one I owned. =D I actually rode a highly modified full size Honda 50 before this (it had Yamaha tubular front forks to replace the original Honda suspension). Good times !!

View attachment 50647
One of my friends started out with Taco mini bike but my Dad couldn't afford to buy one for me. Another friend of mine found a good used deal on a Honda SL 100 painted the frame black and the tank yellow. I was finally able to buy my first dirt bike when I got a job and bought a brand new 1973 Yamaha 250MX. I was 17 and my friend with the Honda SL 100 bought one of the first Honda Elsinores, 6 months after my Yamaha 250mx. I was bummed that the Elsinore wasn't out when I was shopping. I sold my Yamaha and countered with a brand new 1974 Husqvarna 250CR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts