Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, true to my word, I have stayed off the bike today so I can spend time with the Mrs. Not so bad since it's been hammering it down for most of the day, although the sun is out again now. So, where is my CB1000R now? Mine's hiding under a brand new cover bought especially for the new bike, under the watchful eye of the pooch!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Delivered today and it started raining. Just noticed that the Owners Manual has no English.

Can you state the running in instructions for me and anything that you think I need to know.

Dobles have been brilliant, they even managed to fit the seat cowl, stickers,oil filter cover,etc.

For info I have Just posted my Photos from the Bike night for thursday. We had a white 1000 brought over from fowlers of bristol.

Got to run now off to a mates 40, He doesn't know I've swapped the Duke yet.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your manual has no English? How odd, mine has English at the front, and then Spanish and Italian. Anyway, the running in information in the manual is very brief. It actually says (on page 79):

Honda CB1000R Manual said:
Help assure your motorcycle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you ride during the first 500km (300 miles).

During this period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
That is all! I was advised to keep below 6krpm until the 300 miles is up, then keep under 8 until 600 miles, then get it serviced and go play. Recommended to allow a temperature of at least 60°c before giving it the beans. Does that help?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bobby :welcome

You gonna buy one, or just fantasize about one? :lol

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself in the Introductions forum? :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts