Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been taking a look at some photos of Hornets, including my own bikes, and was thinking about how the Hornet has always been considered something of a blank canvas for modding. How do we feel about the CB1000R as standard, and what, if anything, would you change? I'm not talking things like huggers, fender-extenders or seat cowls. More cosmetic or performance things, like different tail lights, chrome rad cover (would be pretty big!), new indicators or maybe retuning the engine? How many people actually want to change the exhaust, and if you do, do you want a whole system, just a can, or the compromise as Leo Vince offer, where you replace everything after the headers?

Personally, I'm thinking 'leave it as it is', with the exception of the tail tidy, which I think is a must have. Braided hoses might be nice too

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
To be honest not much.

On My 900, I fitted Blueflames,Powercommander,Giles rear sets, Seatcowl, Renthal Ultralows.

Looking at the 1000,

Handlebars are fine. Still Have My Renthals and to be honest why change.

Rear sets, OE Equipment looks good to me so again no change.

Seat cowl. Have Bought one.

Exhausts- All the photos so far don't look any better than originals. So not yet.

Ok I Have raided the accessories catolgue, but have had a Ducati for 2 years. Its in the blood.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts