Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask as 3 lads I know have bandits and they all reckon the bandit is better quicker etc. Anyone had any experience with both bikes. When we all go out am I going to be at the back :thumbdown

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
I have never owned a 1200 Bandit but to be honest I would imagine that you would be able to run rings around them.
Your certainly going to be fast enough, Your going to be more agile by far and your gonna look a darn sight better so I think that sums up your answer really :thumbup
Anyway does it matter if your at the back? You get less flies/birds/rabbits to contend with :thumbup

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I can give a Bandit 1200 a good run for his money on my Hornet 900 so you'll have no probs spanking their arses IMO! :)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
:bad ,get your test passed 1st,cant think of anything worse than the thought of you trying to catch your mates and making a fatal error?,take it easy and get used to the bike dont become a statistic?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ghostrider7 said:
:bad ,get your test passed 1st,cant think of anything worse than the thought of you trying to catch your mates and making a fatal error?,take it easy and get used to the bike dont become a statistic?

Yup mate. Not a wiser word spoken.

just interested, you know what its like when everyone puts your new toy down, well maybe you do :thumbup

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Tricky said:
ghostrider7 said:

Yup mate. Not a wiser word spoken.

just interested, you know what its like when everyone puts your new toy down, well maybe you do :thumbup
let me come a play,ill show them a clean pair of heels,bandits ha! i go looking for bigger fish to fry when im out or a play,its well capable of giving anyone a shock in the right hands :thumbup

·
Registered
814 Posts
I went from a 650K5 Bandit to the CB1000R and it's not a world of difference.... It's a universe of difference!! Mate of mine (madmutt on here) has just traded his 1250K8 Bandit and thinks the same!!

Bandits are a little agricultural in comparison, steel tube frame 'right way up' forks etc etc. IIRC the 1250 only has 100 horses, can't remember what the old 1200's had. Most riders think their bikes are the best in class, Bandit riders are no exception!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
You gotta put things into perspective really. The Bandit is a good all round machine but was designed by Suzuki to be an affordable big bike.It was built on a budget and that will always rear it's head when put against a better bike. The CB is the other end of the spectrum. Designed to be a class leader. Well built using tried and tested parts as fitted to top of the range sports bikes. Nuff Said :thumbup

·
Registered
138 Posts
My experience with riding bandit, in the right hands it can be thrown around corners quite well, but feels very top heavy (well I thought so) on the straights lot less wind in the face and possibly a better top speed (don't know for sure) won't get there as quick though and the cb does out handle it with ease.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tricky said:
I ask as 3 lads I know have bandits and they all reckon the bandit is better quicker etc. Anyone had any experience with both bikes. When we all go out am I going to be at the back :thumbdown
if the lads you no are adam scott and friends just get them a coffee in at rothbury while your waiting for them to catch up m8 bandits are good but you dont want secound best m8 when you have bought the best stay safe though dont push yourself too hard too quick m8 :thumbup

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crazyhorse said:
Tricky said:
if the lads you no are adam scott and friends just get them a coffee in at rothbury while your waiting for them to catch up m8 bandits are good but you dont want secound best m8 when you have bought the best stay safe though dont push yourself too hard too quick m8 :thumbup

Ha ha , You know them.

To tell you the truth Adam wouldnt say a bad word about anybody but Michael Cole and Steveo etc like to laugh at me lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tricky said:
crazyhorse said:
Tricky said:

Ha ha , You know them.

To tell you the truth Adam wouldnt say a bad word about anybody but Michael Cole and Steveo etc like to laugh at me lol
i tricky av nown adam all his life m8 best mates with his father you will lead the trend when you are out with them just watch m8 :thumbup

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
crazyhorse said:
Tricky said:
crazyhorse said:
Tricky said:

Ha ha , You know them.

i tricky av nown adam all his life m8 best mates with his father you will lead the trend when you are out with them just watch m8 :thumbup
So, you'll know "The Donut", maybe we've met before :lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
Suzuki riders always think their bikes are the best....lol....even when they're as pig ugly as the Bandit...

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
The CB is more powerful, lighter, and handles better. So with that in mind, it is logical that the CB is a faster, better handling bike.

However, being fast is 20% the bike and 80% the rider. So a fast rider on a Bandit will beat a slower rider on a CB1000R.

I know, as I ride with a quick rider who has a Bandit 1250 GT Tourer, and hardly anyone can stay with him on his Bandit, and put him on his R1, and he's just plain gone !

Being fast is in the head, so a faster bike will not nessecerily (Shpelling) make you faster.

Gargy.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Gargoyle said:
The CB is more powerful, lighter, and handles better. So with that in mind, it is logical that the CB is a faster, better handling bike.

However, being fast is 20% the bike and 80% the rider. So a fast rider on a Bandit will beat a slower rider on a CB1000R.

I know, as I ride with a quick rider who has a Bandit 1250 GT Tourer, and hardly anyone can stay with him on his Bandit, and put him on his R1, and he's just plain gone !

Being fast is in the head, so a faster bike will not nessecerily (Shpelling) make you faster.

Gargy.
Very true...in fact it will most likely make you dead faster....

I've ridden circles around guys on the major litre class superbikes with my F800ST and XB12S....simply because they sucked slightly more at riding than I do!! I've also had my arse handed to me by a friend of mine on her RVF400 (NC35)....she's mental though...and extremely quick.

@Tricky: Is this your first "big" bike? How long have you been riding?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts