Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle

here's one i found from a few months ago, my CB is on the left and my friends CB is on the right, both have a 190/55 rear tire

more important than how it looks is the grip when leaned over, and of all the tire sizes i've tried, this size gives me the most confidence when cornering

For me riding bikes is all about the corners so if that tyre feels best for you then happy days.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycling Automotive tire Car

agreed not4roaduse :), by the way, that ugly license plate holder has since been replaced with a yoshimura tail tidy, and it looks fantastic. i've also gotten rid of all the honda decals on the tank and rear. all matte black and in it's glory

View attachment 16718

agreed not4roaduse :), by the way, that ugly license plate holder has since been replaced with a yoshimura tail tidy, and it looks fantastic. i've also gotten rid of all the honda decals on the tank and rear. all matte black and in it's glory
We need to meet up. I need to pick your brain about a certain golden canister in the back of your CB...

View attachment 16718

@ rebobd - Is that a Kriega tail pack you are using mate ???

If so which one is it - I am looking to get a US-10 and was wondering how it would sit on the rear of the CB1000R ???

Cheers ...... Mel

Discussion starter · #32 ·
@ rebobd - Is that a Kriega tail pack you are using mate ???

If so which one is it - I am looking to get a US-10 and was wondering how it would sit on the rear of the CB1000R ???

Cheers ...... Mel
Mel that's a kriega us-20 on the back and it fits great. Not a lot of room back there but it fits and secures easy

Mel that's a kriega us-20 on the back and it fits great. Not a lot of room back there but it fits and secures easy
Cheers for that pal - I thought it looked a bit big for a US-10.

Think I will stick with the "10" as it also connects to the R25 back-pack I already have, but shouldn't be too bulky. :thumbup

I'm using a US-10 for my commute to work; fits a treat and not too tall when swinging your leg over... Ooh err missus ;)
It's the perfect size for a packet lunch and a pair of work trousers.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
for those that asked, or for those that are curious, here's a 190/55 rear wheel mounted on my bike. don't care all that much whether it looks better than stock 180/55 but i do notice a difference in stability and grip in the corners. Dunlop just announced that the Q3 will be available soon to replace the fantastic Q2, guess i'll have to wear this one out quick :)

Land vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Funny, I'm wearing out my Q2's fast too so I can get some press take-off Q3's in the middle of June. I want to try 190 on this. Hoping it raises the rear a little bit so the steering quickens a little and MAYBE gives me some more ground clearance. My ermax belly pan keeps dragging up in Angeles Crest.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
machrider, the combination of the 190 and ohlins rear shock lifted the rear end a good amount, made turn in quicker even with a wider rear tire and no scraping parts (took off those silly foot peg warning screws). ditch the belly pan and i'm sure you'll have plenty of clearance, and if not, more body lean, less bike lean :). the 190/55 is a fantastic tire size for this bike though, i'm looking forward to trying the q3 once these wear out

Part of me wants to get rid of the pan... BUT: It looks awesome and it's almost impossible to see the scratches in direct view. I think it's kind of a cool mark too. It's a streetfighter, it should be shiny and pretty!

We've got to ride so I can see how well that Ohlins works out for ya.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Part of me wants to get rid of the pan... BUT: It looks awesome and it's almost impossible to see the scratches in direct view. I think it's kind of a cool mark too. It's a streetfighter, it should be shiny and pretty!

We've got to ride so I can see how well that Ohlins works out for ya.
sounds good, i'm in the santa monica mountains about 3x week :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.