Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read some people cut, some people saw... just what exactly should I be doing to get some power back with slight noise gain?

I am keeping the cat.

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Coxy the Ixil looks a real nice bit of kit, Nice and small and shows off a lot of the rear wheel. BUT it does restrict power, you can'r de-cat it really without Pi$$ing of all your neighbours and you have to mess around with it cutting bits off and such which aint right mate.

Do yourself a favour and try and sell it and get something else :thumbup Just my thought not putting the boot in or anything. :thumbup

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so say I was to do that, what would you guys call a 'proper' can?

For a larger can I think I prefer carbon for the black bike, so Akrapovic? Racefit?

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Coxy_UK said:
Ok so say I was to do that, what would you guys call a 'proper' can?

For a larger can I think I prefer carbon for the black bike, so Akrapovic? Racefit?
The Akrapovic gives good power but costs a lot and is also rather big for the bike if you ask me I think cans like the racefit look better on the CB as they are smaller.
Buy a can that is road legal for a start as you don't want to be stopped straight away and have to get rid of the can.
If you look at mine in members rides, I like it but others don't but its my taste also is very light sounds wicked is e-marked so legal for europe and comes with the decat pipe aswell all for around £320.00 which I think was a complete bargain.

The choice is yours you just don't really want something thats going to sap your power and if you take the cat off the bike is going to breath that much better but you may find that getting a power commander may be a good idea then to stop the bike from running a bit lean.

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
The Akra is the size and volume that it is to make it work properly.

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
You sure ? :p

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
My bike's faster than yours. :taunt

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
blade said: