Honda CB1000R Forum banner

What did I do to the bike?

13K views 72 replies 9 participants last post by  Willem 
#1 · (Edited)
This morning, the first day of two weeks off work, not really a holiday but okay, got out of bed at six and turned on the heating. First I fixed the handlebar heater of my wife’s bike, throttle side got loose. After that I’ve decided to take a look at the rapidbike evo that was lying around. Had a bit of an argument with the fuel hose but I convinced it to let go of the tank. So today I’ve mounted the rapidbike module, organised the wiring I’ve stuffed underneath the tank and installed the new controller for my handlebar heating. Tested if the bike would run and it did, I’m very glad. Tried to install the tuning software to my laptop, I failed, my laptop sucks a lot. I’ll have my way with it tomorrow with some pliers and a blowtorch, oh yeah baby, burn you unwillingly piece of shit.

Tomorrow I’ll try to run the software on a different machine and hook it up to the bike. I really want to take of the rpm limiter.

Some fotos.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Tire Auto part

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Auto part

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part

Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Produce

Product Design Advertising Poster Photography

Engine Electronics Auto part Technology Vehicle

Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Vehicle Car

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Car

Auto part Technology Electronic device Engine Electronics

Img doesn’t work? Why?

See less See more
#6 ·
Just curious, but why do you want to lose the rev limiter ??---Over revving won't give you any more power the way the engine is designed.--:confused:

#12 · (Edited)
With a bigger front sprocket it's probable that you will never see 10,000 rpm in 6th gear.----;)

That extension you are making. That should hold the back down OK and keep the spray from the tyre off you.--:rolleyes:

#19 ·
Frame & wheel, 15kilo. I’m not afraid of the handling. Just gonna use it for holiday and even that isn’t sure. If so, won’t be carrying anything heavy. Tent, sleeping bags, some clothes and shoes. Lightweight chairs, small fuel stove ans some bits and pieces. It’s not as I’d be moving my vault or what you’d call it.

#18 ·
With aluminium I wouldn't worry about welding the assembly.

Far better to just bolt the sections together, that's what I did when making a frame for a table using 30x30x3 and 50x50x3 a few years back.
Using bolts and butterfly nuts means I can take the whole thing apart in minutes for transportation.

#24 ·
Pillion passenger would be at least 60kg... And not sure anyone is brave enough to say "sorry babe, you'll affect the handling" ��

Rough it up, see if it works.. can always remake in thinner wall later. Do what you can with what you have!

(That's a nice looking Safe)
That safe came from a distillery that was founded in 18xx something. The inner box has a lock that was renewed in 1895. It’s old and I have just one key. I bought another safe just to hold that one key.

I’ll just do that, do that with what I have. I was not happy with the height at the back so I sawed it in two and made an angle.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

Now it’s resting on the back of the wheel, gonna fix that tomorrow.
It’s just fun building this shit. It’s raining so nothing better to do.

#33 ·
once were goldwing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.