Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Pillion passenger would be at least 60kg... And not sure anyone is brave enough to say "sorry babe, you'll affect the handling" 🙂

Rough it up, see if it works.. can always remake in thinner wall later. Do what you can with what you have!

(That's a nice looking Safe)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Pillion passenger would be at least 60kg... And not sure anyone is brave enough to say "sorry babe, you'll affect the handling" ��

Rough it up, see if it works.. can always remake in thinner wall later. Do what you can with what you have!

(That's a nice looking Safe)
That safe came from a distillery that was founded in 18xx something. The inner box has a lock that was renewed in 1895. It’s old and I have just one key. I bought another safe just to hold that one key.

I’ll just do that, do that with what I have. I was not happy with the height at the back so I sawed it in two and made an angle.

xe53te.jpg

Now it’s resting on the back of the wheel, gonna fix that tomorrow.
It’s just fun building this shit. It’s raining so nothing better to do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
t5kbhi.jpg

Strip of Metal

k3oupf.jpg

Heated Hammered and bend

5e75gz.jpg

Threaded it m5

fc1w6q.jpg

Reservoir installed and attached it to the vacuum tube of the injection system

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’m happy with the result. This one replaces the osco oiler, I use to be an very enthused oiler. Now it’s automated so no more greased back and helmet.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Google translate says "Trailer behind motor self-construction"
but i think the English word is probably "Contraption" :D (just kidding ;) ).. maybe just "bike trailer" (motorfiets aanhangwagen?)

looks like it works really well and doesn't hinder bike turning at all!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just took it for a ride around town. Just like every other empty trailer it’s bounces happily behind the tractor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
...as much as this isn't something I'd have on my bike I find it incredibly interesting to see the development. Have you tried riding at speed at all?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looks pretty stable! I'm impressed.

Did you feel the bounce?
I noticed it because I paid attention to it. I suppose it is going to be less bouncy when it’s loaded. I’ve ordered a small trunk (45x45x90 centimetres) to carry the camping gear. The trunk is 182 Liters and the krauser is 45 or so.
When you add everything up 182 + 45 + 70 on the bike makes it almost 300 Liter.
This summer we’ve planned three weeks to Norway, just bought a dark tent so we can sleep in darkness. Also on the list are better sleeping bags wich have more volume compared to the old ones and so on.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
This summer we’ve planned three weeks to Norway, just bought a dark tent so we can sleep in darkness. Also on the list are better sleeping bags wich have more volume compared to the old ones and so on.
a sleep mask is most useful in those sorts of situations:

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sleeping+masks&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=231006609729&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14888397831522141867&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001546&hvtargid=kwd-299958826528&ref=pd_sl_65z9oje1mo_e

21 - 40 of 73 Posts