Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning, the first day of two weeks off work, not really a holiday but okay, got out of bed at six and turned on the heating. First I fixed the handlebar heater of my wife’s bike, throttle side got loose. After that I’ve decided to take a look at the rapidbike evo that was lying around. Had a bit of an argument with the fuel hose but I convinced it to let go of the tank. So today I’ve mounted the rapidbike module, organised the wiring I’ve stuffed underneath the tank and installed the new controller for my handlebar heating. Tested if the bike would run and it did, I’m very glad. Tried to install the tuning software to my laptop, I failed, my laptop sucks a lot. I’ll have my way with it tomorrow with some pliers and a blowtorch, oh yeah baby, burn you unwillingly piece of shit.

Tomorrow I’ll try to run the software on a different machine and hook it up to the bike. I really want to take of the rpm limiter.

Some fotos.

sb4wec.jpg
f2t2xj.jpg
30xkeq9.jpg
21axqaw.jpg
id7yuu.jpg
2a9zn7m.jpg
sn31fr.jpg
ego715.jpg
2s0mec8.jpg
hwzgw5.jpg

Img doesn’t work? Why?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Just curious, but why do you want to lose the rev limiter ??---Over revving won't give you any more power the way the engine is designed.--:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
engine has oodles of torque. It's quicker if you short-shift slightly rather than chasing extra revs.
You’re absolutely right, engine character is great. I’ve installed the rapidbike because the engine could be running lean. Next season it should be fine tuned on a dyno bank. So there’s gonna be even more torque. My idea is to mount a one tooth bigger front sprocket so the engine can do 80 kmu at a lower rpm. I’ve already installed a cruise control and made a very long playlist on Apple Music. Next year we’re of on a three week holiday to Norwegen. Wild camping so we’re planning the be as self sufficient as we possible can.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
With a bigger front sprocket it's probable that you will never see 10,000 rpm in 6th gear.----;)

That extension you are making. That should hold the back down OK and keep the spray from the tyre off you.--:rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
With a bigger front sprocket it's probable that you will never see 10,000 rpm in 6th gear.----;)

That extension you are making. That should hold the back down OK and keep the spray from the tyre off you.--:rolleyes:

That’s why I want it to go to 11

Maybe it’s gonna be a wheelybar, ghehehe..:D

witmd.jpg
fmjozk.jpg
fmjozk.jpg
513fdl.jpg
4qgzo5.jpg

·
Registered
252 Posts
How much does all that lot weigh?! I admire you’re enthusiasm but surely an approach in aluminium is way better for weight and therefore the handling of your bike? Personally I’d explore a system made from aluminium and nylon webbing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
With aluminium I wouldn't worry about welding the assembly.

Far better to just bolt the sections together, that's what I did when making a frame for a table using 30x30x3 and 50x50x3 a few years back.
Using bolts and butterfly nuts means I can take the whole thing apart in minutes for transportation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much does all that lot weigh?! I admire you’re enthusiasm but surely an approach in aluminium is way better for weight and therefore the handling of your bike? Personally I’d explore a system made from aluminium and nylon webbing.
Frame & wheel, 15kilo. I’m not afraid of the handling. Just gonna use it for holiday and even that isn’t sure. If so, won’t be carrying anything heavy. Tent, sleeping bags, some clothes and shoes. Lightweight chairs, small fuel stove ans some bits and pieces. It’s not as I’d be moving my vault or what you’d call it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just as an experiment I’d strap 20 or so kg’s to the tail of your bike and go for a ride and see how it feels

1 - 20 of 73 Posts