Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weston super Mare Bike Nights

The Royal British Legion Riders Branch are organising weekly bike nights on the Sea Front, Weston-super-Mare. All donations collected will go to the Charity “Poppy Appeal”. The following dates have been agreed with North Somerset Council:-

Thursday 26 June 2008
Thursday 3 July 2008
Thursday 10 July 2008 - Cancelled
Thursday 31 July 2008
Thursday 7 August 2008
Thursday 14 August 2008
Thursday 21 August 2008
Thursday 28 August 2008

Extra dates added below

*Thursday 4th September 2008*
*Thursday 11th September 2008*
*Thursday 25th September 2008*

Starting at 1800hrs.

The agreed allocated parking area for bikes is in front of the Tropicana on the Marine Parade.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... search.srf

Further Information

Photos for the event can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupe ... llections/

The Riders Branch of the Royal British Legion

Membership open to all who have a love of motorcycling and are in agreement with the aims of the British Legion

http://rblr.co.uk/westonbikenight.html

Should also introduce myself, you should normally find me there with a camera, I volunteered to take the photos. Its in easy reach of South Wales, West Midlands, Gloustershire, Wiltershire, Somerset, Dorset and Devon.

Hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thursday 26 June

WSM Bike night tommorrow.

Fish and Chips at the sea side, meet up with friends and see loads of bikes, Supported by local bike shops etc.

Bike of the night competion...

Even get your photo taken.

Remember the £1 entry fee is for the "Poppy Appeal". A very worthwile cause doing a lot of good for ex servicemen and familys.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fish and Chips Night at Weston Super Mare 3rd July

Don't forget its fish and chip night at WSM tonight. All welcome.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Bike Night on 10th July

Have just queried about tomorrow night and it seems there was a typo error on some of the original information sent out, due to this the organisers are unable to support tommorrow night as a official bike night.

The other 2 weeks can't be held due to the T4 party on the beach, and Weston Heli days. But full steam ahead from the 31st July.

There is nothing stopping people coming tomorrow for a ride, except the weather report. The other 2 weeks the beach lawns will probably be fenced off for the other events going on.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thursday 31st July

Weston Super Mare Bike Nights should be on again this Thursday the 31st of July.

It would be great to see a few bikes down to show support to Weston Super Mare with the sad news today of Weston Super Mare loosing its Grand Pavillion at the end of its Famous Pier.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering the weather just over 200 bikes turned up.

At 16:30 I have to say when I heard and then saw the rain storm outside I was expecting it to be a quiet one and early stack. By the time I got to the Front at 17:30 it was all dry and from 18:00 till just after 19:00 we had a steady stream of bikes. A little later the heavens opened. Glad to say a 600ss, 996 and a 999 turned up dispelling the myth about rain and Ducati's.

Bike of the night was a very good example of a CXB1000- all 6 cylinders glistening in the wet. But it was in good company with a very nice Z1000, and I had to take a second glance when I realised it must have been a CBX outing as there were 3 in a row parked up elsewhere.

Fowlers brought their white Demo bike, seem positive on the sales front so hoping that we must be getting some members on here in the Bristol / South West Area. Will be good to see if a meet up at one of the coming Bike Nights could be achieved.

Photos are being sorted and hope to maybe have up tonight or by the end of weekend.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
sadbiker said:
Fowlers brought their white Demo bike, seem positive on the sales front so hoping that we must be getting some members on here in the Bristol / South West Area. Will be good to see if a meet up at one of the coming Bike Nights could be achieved.
:clap Sounds good. If only I was closer :thumbdown

·
Registered
891 Posts
sadbiker said:
Fowlers brought their white Demo bike, seem positive on the sales front so hoping that we must be getting some members on here in the Bristol / South West Area.
I test rode it yesterday, and a new fireblade. Guess which one I chose to order?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would hope a silver CB1000r.

Dan from Fowlers is saying that with over a 1000 miles on the engine it is loosening up big style and he is mightely impressed with it.

So hopefully we will see you at the bike nights.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weston super Mare Bike Night 7th August 2008.

Considering weather reports it was thankfully dry. The sea front looked very busy with holiday makers.

It started off a little quiet with only a couple of bikes having arrived by 18:20 normally have a few more in by then. But after 18:30 they all started arriving, estimates are over 300 bikes. A very special MV F4 Augusta was brought in for display in the back of a van (see photos); we did say if it was run up and down the sea front it would be eligible for bike of the night.

All sorts turned up and it was finally decided on a very nicely painted Triumph Triple to be the bike of the night, it’s getting harder and harder for the organisers to choose as they don’t want to be giving awards to the same type of bikes as already awarded. And there are so many great bikes being brought down.

The non biking public seemed amazed with all the bikes, some thinking we were going to be road racing up and down the front, it was also great to see some of the guests of the British Legions Somerset Legion House (a short welfare break centre) from across the road asking questions about what was going on, they were all very appreciative about the event as all the money raised goes to the Poppy Appeal which is the Royal British Legions charity and helps fund places like Somerset Legion House.

Photos for this week are below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupe ... 624729522/

All photos of weeks so far can be seen on the link below

Please remember that if there is a particular photo you see you would like we ask for a donation of £5 which goes to the Charity of the event. The full quality photo can be e-mailed to you or a copy can be picked up from the Events Marshalls office if prearranged. For full details see main information for each set of photos.

·
Registered
891 Posts
A white one actually.

·
Registered
891 Posts
May do before the last one of the season... if it ever stops raining.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weston super Mare Bike Night 14th August 2008

Weather turned out quite good at Weston, bikes started arriving at 18:00, total tally for the night was near 300.

After talking to friends seems there were a few rain clouds going south so suspect this stopped a few from coming up.

Again a good selection of bikes turned up with a old BSA taking bike of the night.

The following dates have now been added for September

*Thursday 4th September 2008*
*Thursday 11th September 2008*
*Thursday 25th September 2008*

Also a rideout from the Bike Night is being organised for 28th August, Breifing at 18:45 leaving at 19:00. (see link below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupe ... 749811800/

Photos for this week are below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupe ... 749811800/

All photos for previous nights can be seen on the following link

Please remember that if there is a particular photo you see you would like we ask for a donation of £5 which goes to the Charity of the event. The full quality photo can be e-mailed to you or a copy can be picked up from the Events Marshalls office if prearranged. For full details see main information for each set of photos.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I did make it to Weston last night, arrived late-ish about 8pm or so. Didn't spot another CB though, were you there Sadbiker?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Xan173 said:
I did make it to Weston last night, arrived late-ish about 8pm or so. Didn't spot another CB though, were you there Sadbiker?

Hi, Yes I was there, I was the one walking round with a camera wearing a Marshalls Vest.,

Dan fron Fowlers came on their white Demo, and I am sure I took some photos of another White CB1000r as it arrived....... So you never know!!!

The photos have been put on my laptop ready for sorting through and preparing to upload. As soon as I put them up I will let you know.

What did you think of the bike night? We ended up with around 400 bikes last night which is promising considering the bad run of luck we have had with the weather.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Nice vibe. I liked the music, met a few people I knew. Excellent that the area is out of bounds for cars and vans. And a good charitable cause.

Looking forward to seeing the photos. If you got me I'll be wearing a black & white shoei with a dark visor when I arrived and a black Teknic textile jacket with external armour.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Looks like you got me!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts