Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got round to fitting the braking rear wavy disc.

the 46mm axel nut must have been put on, by the say guy that did the 4 screws that holds the number plate,
as it took some beating :box to get it shifted.

here some pics

some fresh grease on the bearings

all back together. :banana

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
Very nice mate,looks like you made a good job of that. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
2wheeledant said:
Nicely done! what a clean chain too! :clap

see bits of rust on chain top links...we are all aflicted :shake

disc looks really good...trouble is its a shame its inboard... :thumbup

gedspeed

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
gedspeed said:
disc looks really good...trouble is its a shame its inboard... :thumbup
Was thinking the same thing; how visible is it really?

One thing I had been wondering previously was how difficult it would be to put a Ducati/Triumph style rear wheel on and looking at that I'm guessing it's just a case of getting a new rear axle, yeah? Just thinking that people like Marchesini or Brembo are more likely to have something tasty available for a Ducati than the CB1000R

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like something like this.

but i cant see them making a hub to fit the cb as it will not fit onto any thing else :banghead

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
No, but if you were able to get a wheel that you like for a Ducati, or a Triumph then I bet you could get a new hub machined up for a reasonable amount I bet. If I had the tools I could do it myself, so it shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Fotodadi said:
Does any one know if these wavy discs will work with the ABS versions?
Not aware of any reason why they would be different. The callipers themselves are exactly the same on the rear aren't they?

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Hey Space-Butler
Where did you purchase your rear wavey disc from. I have found one place to get one but its nice if its from a different source as it may be cheaper.

Cheers :thumbup

·
Registered
137 Posts
Antnee said:
Fotodadi said:
Does any one know if these wavy discs will work with the ABS versions?
Not aware of any reason why they would be different. The callipers themselves are exactly the same on the rear aren't they?
Tried them on the VFR and it didn't work. Apparently the OEM disc has screw holes for mounting the ABS sensor disc. The wavy ones don't have this. So no place to mount the ABS sensor disc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
space_butler said:
got round to fitting the braking rear wavy disc.

the 46mm axel nut must have been put on, by the say guy that did the 4 screws that holds the number plate,
as it took some beating :box to get it shifted.

here some pics

Hi Mate where did you get the rear axle nut cover? and is avail in other colours? Thanks Joe

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not wishing to be a killjoy,,, but I wonder how insurance companies view such mods on motorbikes.

I know on cars they use any excuse possible not to pay out in a claim. That includes any modifications from standard that have not been declared. This is particularly if they consider the modification to be performance enhancing or increasing the cars attractiveness to thieves. This includes things as mundane as pin stripes! Let alone wavey brake disks or carbon fibre wheels.

I own a modified Land Rover and have declared all the modifications,,, failure to do so leaves you at risk if you need to claim. God forbid you are in an accident and the insurance refuse to cover a third party claim because of undeclared mods. IMHO it's certainly worth letting you insurance company know if you have fitted any non standard parts to make sure you are still covered.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am almost 8 months into recovery after a no fault bike accident that wrote my Aprilia off. It was modified and checked over by the insurance company before making me an offer, but no-one said anything and the claim went through without a hitch . Twin open pipes, chip, OZ wheels, non standard swing arm etc. I believe that it only becomes an issue if the modifications could be blamed in any way for the accident. In my case, I was at a standstill when hit from behind so could not have been the case. Or was the assessor blind ?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The insurance company will ask you if you have any PERFORMANCE enhancing modifications.
IF you do not tell them about these they ARE entitled to cancel your insurance even after a crash.
I've a good few mods on my R1 and my insurance is still around 300quid :cool

1 - 19 of 19 Posts