Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get venture shield fitted to my bellypan today. Whilst I was there, I asked the guy who fits the venture shield what he had to protect the forks? The only option available was Vinyl Heat Shrink (Carbon). This was completely experimental as he had never fitted it to forks before, so had no idea how long it would stay on for! all depends on the metal and adhesive and the riding environment i.e. Heat, wet, cold, dust etc?
BUT, its got to be better than looking at stone chips, which I had a few due to the shite roads in this Country :shake

Worth a try! :notme

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a risk worth taking I reckon! :rolleyes

We will see, I'll be the Guinea Pig :shake

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
lardy said:
clem71 said:

Some places they eat Guinea pigs you know!! :taunt2
I do hope it's not in France.... Around the La Chauvelais area...... In May...... Whilst there a Moto GP on.

Gargy..... The hungry one..... :lick :lick :lick :lick

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Gargoyle said:
lardy said:
clem71 said:

Some places they eat Guinea pigs you know!! :taunt2
I do hope it's not in France.... Around the La Chauvelais area...... In May...... Whilst there a Moto GP on.

Gargy..... The hungry one..... :lick :lick :lick :lick
Do you eat kittens? As our hamlet always has a surplus of them as they are a bit tight and can't be arsed to take them to the vets, Snip,Snip :devil :devil :devil

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You lot will have Animal Rights after ya!

Ya wouldnt believe half the stuff we were made to eat in the MOB lads! better not on ere.

ANYWAY! this was about my spangly forks :taunt2

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was it the heat shrink stuff Jim? good stuff :thumbup

xaote said:
Looks good mate, same stuff I used to cover my worn heel plates, seems to have stuck really well, and it seems very hard wearing, no scuffing from my boots.

·
Registered
842 Posts
clem71 said:
Was it the heat shrink stuff Jim? good stuff :thumbup

xaote said:
Looks good mate, same stuff I used to cover my worn heel plates, seems to have stuck really well, and it seems very hard wearing, no scuffing from my boots.
Not sure if it is heatshrink? it is the 3m sticky back stuff. But I heated it to make it more workable. Certainly looks the same thou.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a last minute decision! if it stays on? OK I will take it back and get the lot done??? But the forks or all the gubbins will have to come off for real good job to be done.
Just having the bottom part done, breaks things up just nice I think. "Silver, Black (CARBON), Silver, black. SO it all looks all pretty much evens them out

Hornet900 said:
Like the forks a lot. But should have done the forks completely, that would look even better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts