Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the MY2020 is getting a new color scheme

write up from RideApart.com
"For 2020, the CB1000R gets a few cosmetic changes that are subtle, but appealing. An all-black triple clamp and steering stem flow into a brand new Metallic Matte Ballistic Black headlight surround. The fuel tank gets a silver racing stripe, and Honda also says the rear spring and front brake discs get “color changes,” but did not give specifics on which color(s) may be involved."

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
I like the triple clamp and headlight surround colour change. Looks good. But, that tank colour just looks cheap :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
meeehhhh. black = boring...
You should realise by now that black is clearly the fastest colour....;)

On a more serious note, Honda seem to have missed a few tricks:
They should get rid of the rainbow lights.
They should have included cruise control (easy on a RBW system)
They should have launched a collection of performance parts...forged wheels, uprated brakes, suspension etc...
They should have produced a touring range.
A different paint job doesn't cut it in todays highly competetive market.
Much disappoint...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
As an aside: I rode my 1994 CB1000F to Vegas and back from San Jose last weekend. I met with friends and we toured Death Valley and other places. Then I rode back. I did a little under 2000 miles. I rode that old bus hard. Discovered it will still (ambitiously) show 150 on the clock.

I came home and jumped on my 2018 CB1000R..holy smoke it feels fast as fuck after the CB1000F. Not that the old bus is slow, per say, but the difference in a quarter century is huge. If the 2021 CB1000 got another 50hp ... oh boy!

·
Registered
590 Posts
get the 2020 CBR RR-R... and pull the fairings and winglets off... that's another... 70hp
not sure if it has cruise control though :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seen some videos of the 2020 model,the fuel tank with the stripe in the center is very nice.
Don't like the black swingarm and silver brake discs core.The yokes in black are ok.
Also the rear shock spring is black and the bar weights,hope the paint is better than 2019 on the weights mine is partially gone but cant appreciate it because they are silver,with black ones it will be very visible.

·
Registered
178 Posts
As an aside: I rode my 1994 CB1000F to Vegas and back from San Jose last weekend. I met with friends and we toured Death Valley and other places. Then I rode back. I did a little under 2000 miles. I rode that old bus hard. Discovered it will still (ambitiously) show 150 on the clock.

I came home and jumped on my 2018 CB1000R..holy smoke it feels fast as fuck after the CB1000F. Not that the old bus is slow, per say, but the difference in a quarter century is huge. If the 2021 CB1000 got another 50hp ... oh boy!
Expect that extra 50hp around model year 2043

·
Registered
345 Posts
So the same, but in different colours.

I'm underwhelmed.

Come on Honda....dump the idiot lights....this bike is crying out for cruise control....

It's a RBW...so it only requires a software update with switch.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Why is it crying out for cruise control? Do you guys just sit on the motorway all day?

The last model went a decade with only colour changes, so we shouldn't be surprised if the same happens here.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cruise control isn't just for the motorway, although of course it is most useful when riding on a motorway.

Would've been great when I rode from the south to the north of Spain in half a day.

If factory fitted those who don't want to use it, don't have to.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Radar cruise on cars is awesome in highway traffic.. probably be a few years before that makes its way onto BMWs, then other bikes..
(If you are not having fun, not in heavy/slow traffic, and not navigating backstreets.. why would you Not use cruise???)

Will be even easier to implement cruise on electric bikes..

What year did Boris say the UK will ban IC/hybrids and only allow fuel cell/electric?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do you guys just sit on the motorway all day?
Absolutely not.
In Europe we have mostly wonderful twisty roads...unlike what I've experienced in the USA.
But on big days, and at high speed, being able to lift your right hand off the bar to stretch your fingers to aid circulation is great. Not an issue if you're riding on your own, but if you're riding with a group, you can't just stop ad hoc without becoming a pain in the arse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts