Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into a full sc projects exhaust for my 2018... any one had much luck with dyno tuning these bikes.
There is a very reputable shop local but wanted to know how others have gone with a de cat and tune.
Have seen a few youtube vids seeing some big improvements through the rev range.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
916 Posts
Im looking into a full sc projects exhaust for my 2018
If you go with Akrapovič:
For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used. Please visit Akrapovic , where you can download the mapping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im leaning towards to getting the ecu tune aswell.
If it can changed in the ecu im unsure why you would bother with a piggy back unit. Would be glad to have my mind changed though.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
916 Posts
If it can changed in the ecu im unsure why you would bother with a piggy back unit. Would be glad to have my mind changed though.
It's not a question of if it can be done, it's a question of if someone is willing to take the time to research and write one. Took quite a while for someone to come up with one for the SC77 which is a much more popular bike.

If Woolich Racing doesn't have a flash it probably won't be done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ll go speak to the guys down at race bike services. They dyno tune alot of bikes here in Adelaide. See what they say. A mate got his R1 tuned down there for around $600.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went and spoke to the lads down at race bike services. He looks after another customer with a cb1k.
He did exactly what i was enquiring about to his bike. He has recommended a black widow full system, a rapid bike controller, high flow air filte4, service and dyno runs. Around $1800 all fitted.

Looking at around a 15-17% improvement in power. He said it will be a completely different bike.

Also mentioned the SC projects full system is much more suited to a track bike. Would be very very loud.

Cheers for the input guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I looked for a flash from a couple places, 2wheeldyno and Brentuning both said they don’t plan on getting a flash, the local shop around here said the Hondas are hard to crack and throw a lot of errors codes so he recommended against trying to have the ecu flashed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I talked with a place in the states called EDR Performance. He told me he could flash my ECU to remove all the limitations and help me setup my rapid bike to do the fueling after. He seems very knowledgeable. If I lived near him he has the ability to dyno tune also. So it sounds like it's possible. I'll leave a link to his shop addy below.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I talked with a place in the states called EDR Performance. He told me he could flash my ECU to remove all the limitations and help me setup my rapid bike to do the fueling after. He seems very knowledgeable. If I lived near him he has the ability to dyno tune also. So it sounds like it's possible. I'll leave a link to his shop addy below.

Eric at EDR will have my 2019 CB1000R with a full Akro system in his shop for an install and dyno tune this week. I have worked with him in the past with great results - great guy - great resource - really happy to have his shop local.

I'll report back here after the job is done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have worked with him in the past with great results - great guy - great resource - really happy to have his shop local.

I'll report back here after the job is done.
He's very helpful. Post up results of your dyno if you can. I'm for sure sending him my ECU to remove restrictions. Wish I could use copy your ECU program when your done. But it's better to have something for my location, and I've already got the rapid bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I will post the chart for sure.

He's quite the visionary - creates 3D printed parts, does tons of race support and has extensive experience with bikes of all kind.
How'd it go with your tune? I'm anxious to see some graphs. I'm going to send him my box the beginning of next week. I'm curious how the riding modes work as well. The only one I use is sport but still curious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts