Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is it better than a PCV?
For that sort of money, you could buy the PC, AND have a custom map done?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it better than a PCV?
For that sort of money, you could buy the PC, AND have a custom map done?
Other than there is a tuner local to me that uses this gear, I have no opinion. I literally know nothing.

I emailed Rapid Bike to see if they have plans to support the new CB1000R.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Some of their info seems a bit conflicting, especially around O2 sensor feedback.

One part says they modulate a fake signal to fool ECU.
Another says they have "adaptive tuning" and one part seems to suggest that allows an unmodified O2 signal to get to ECU below a certain rpm.

Maybe it does both, changing to fake at higher rpm with light load?

No O2 feedback is used OEM outside of closed loop stoich conditions, as they are not wideband sensors..

Also note their (strain gauge) quickshifter can only be 1 direction due ti software limitation.
does that mean Honda QS will still be 2 way, or only 1 way?

They do seem very support oriented, which can only be a good thing

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in the conversation with Richard at DynoJet this week. He's going to be borrowing my bike for a week or so very soon to develop the Power Commander for 2018 CB1000R. I'll be lending them both my standard exhaust and my Akrapovic for them to develop maps to suit accordingly

·
Registered
252 Posts
Good man.
Looking forward to the results.
Are you considering a full system?
I'm hoping to get my hands on the Akrapovic headers before I send the bike over. Ideally I'd like to send it with both the stock and the Akra headers and slip on exhausts.

·
Registered
252 Posts
aweome stuff!

really looking forward to see dyno curves before and after to see what can be done
Me too! When ridinf it at Donington Park I could definitely feel that there was areas of the range that could be improved. Also this engine should in theory have a decent amont of torque and BHP to be released too.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
have you seen the curves from Motorcycle.com review? http://www.motorcycle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/082118-2019-Honda-CB1000R-hp-torque-dyno.jpg
and from Akrapovic

that's a big hole to fill (emissions + make it more docile on the road)
That graph is very interesting and shows there's not a lot of difference between the old and new bikes.--Mainly addition of controllable goodies.--
Performance on the road being very similar.---But there again we all knew the old model was a good 'un.----:yay

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those dyno graphs are exactly how it feels riding hard on track. I think it's less noticeable on road but could still definitely be improved upon
When I saw those graphs I was shocked. The previous model doesn't feel like that. It feels like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Subjective assessment as opposed to objective assessment.---------------------------You want it to feel better so it does.--------:book

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Subjective assessment as opposed to objective assessment.---------------------------You want it to feel better so it does.--------:book
I mean the new bike feels gutless under 5 or 6k compared to the old. I want the new one to feel better or the same low down and it does not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
rapid bike + full akra have transformed my bike.
it became as strong as my previous '13 with exhaust/intake/PCV.
only rode it for 10 minutes.
i will report back after the weekend :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts