Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got almost 15,000km on my 18 month old CB1000R now. Sadly at about 6000km i noticed that not only had the paint started coming off the oil sump and the engine front, but that there were little holes in the stator cover! 😳

„Take it to the dealership and have the world famous Honda warranty take care of it“ i thought to myself.

Sadly this Rom-Com story is more Com than Rom and the experience was less than world famous!

A wise man once said that a picture tells a thousand words. But a video tells a thousand pictures, so here’s my video about it! (At the time of writing this, already almost 40k views in a week, so I’ve obviously touch a nerve for many!)

I’d be keen to hear your thoughts, experiences, opinions and advice on the matter!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
1,002 Posts
In Germany do they salt the roads or apply any chemicals for snow and ice abatement?
As far as tires, my dealership will price match any tires I find on the internet. In the US, the dealerships are Honda in name only and the quality of service varies widely. Once you take delivery, Honda Japan has washed their hands of you for the most part. The dealership has to "go to bat for you" for any warranty work. If the dealership is not on your side, you're screwed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Germany do they salt the roads or apply any chemicals for snow and ice abatement?
As far as tires, my dealership will price match any tires I find on the internet. In the US, the dealerships are Honda in name only and the quality of service varies widely. Once you take delivery, Honda Japan has washed their hands of you for the most part. The dealership has to "go to bat for you" for any warranty work. If the dealership is not on your side, you're screwed.
Hey Bevo,

they do salt the roads here, but the metal was showing on the sump before the end of the first summer. Softest paint I’ve ever experienced.

As for the tyres, I’m very jealous! I’d love to be able to get everything done in one place and not feel like I’ve been bent over!

Sadly I’m discovering that the level of service is very dependent on your dealership. I’ve even found people on the german CB1kr Forum who’ve had their sumps swapped out under warranty. But I’m supposed to just be grateful that i got the casing ‚changed‘. They’re due to fix that, again, over the next couple of weeks. Which again is pretty crappy service. Why not inmediately! I didn’t buy a Lyao-Fuang scooter, i bought a Honda! And until Honda changes it’s system of dealing with customers, it’ll be the last!

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
1,002 Posts
Why not inmediately!
Even independent shops are backed up in the US. One very high quality independent in Houston which is normally day of service, or two at the most depending on parts, is now scheduling at least a month out.

Heck I'm shopping for a new microwave oven. Most units through Home Depot or Lowes were March delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even independent shops are backed up in the US. One very high quality independent in Houston which is normally day of service, or two at the most depending on parts, is now scheduling at least a month out.

Heck I'm shopping for a new microwave oven. Most units through Home Depot or Lowes were March delivery.
Maybe I should have seen that as a warning that one dealer was backed up for months and the other had space the next day?! 🤣

I did briefly look at trading in (when the rage was fresh) but that would have been late spring delivery at best. So now I’ve reconsidered!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can’t see them changing anything
"One need not hope in order to undertake, nor succeed in order to persevere"
[original quote in French by Willem van Oranje Stadhouder]

Hope the Honda customer service comes to his senses.
And cleans the vile act
if the 5 years warranty on the '21 CB1000R black Ed has to kick in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Time to buy some ACF50 and go to town with it. I know what its like, I lived there for 7years but back in Aus now. Wet salty roads would attack any surf on cars or bikes. Also you probably know of "Servicewüste Deutschland "

·
Registered
824 Posts
Time to buy some ACF50 and go to town with it. I know what its like, I lived there for 7years but back in Aus now. Wet salty roads would attack any surf on cars or bikes. Also you probably know of "Servicewüste Deutschland "
"Servicewüste Deutschland " ist abhängig Wo du bist sowieso.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sadly i know all about the Servicewüste! Only too well. Frankly, I’m stunned and amazed when i receive good service! 😂

·
Registered
209 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts