Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I didn't get home today. I have NSC 2019 and have driven 16k.
When shifting from five to six, a metal rumble from the engine and the rear wheel jammed and could not be turned with the clutch depressed. Does anyone have a similar experience? What happened?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
916 Posts
I had several false neutrals clutchless upshifting from 5th to 6th when brand new, but that was before I had the QS installed. No problems since.

If the clutch won't disengage maybe it's a clutch issue. Do you have a QS?

·
Registered
15 Posts
WoW! That is insane amounts of dmg for an almost new bike. I have never seen a shift drum broken in 2 pieces like that. Much less all of the other broken parts / missing teeth on the gears. I see a new Engine coming your way, there is no repairing that. So many metal shavings have to be floating around in there. Wow... How does that even happen?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
No reliable fix for that shit-show. I hope they are willing to do a goodwill repair since it should be out of warranty unless they warranty them for longer in CR. If they fix that engine instead of a full replacement, I'd immediately sell the bike and buy another one.

Shifting 5-6 and the tire locked? I'm just happy you were able to get it stopped safely. Imagine that happening in a turn! 😱

Sorry about your bike, Jirka. Very sad.

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,736 Posts
Hi everyone, I didn't get home today. I have NSC 2019 and have driven 16k.
When shifting from five to six, a metal rumble from the engine and the rear wheel jammed and could not be turned with the clutch depressed. Does anyone have a similar experience? What happened? View attachment 49515 View attachment 49516
jirka, do you have an update? the failure was complete, which is very unusual for a Honda, but maybe can happen with one in a million? did they replace the full engine, which is the only realistic option? or ???

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,055 Posts
A racing engine, maybe but not a road bike. Total write off. Only answer is a new engine. I hope Honda are willing to help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A racing engine, maybe but not a road bike. Total write off. Only answer is a new engine. I hope Honda are willing to help.
Honda has not commented to this day. On Monday, I give the last day to comment, and then my friend and I will put the engine into working order and work with Honda in Japan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jirka, do you have an update? the failure was complete, which is very unusual for a Honda, but maybe can happen with one in a million? did they replace the full engine, which is the only realistic option? or ???
So my problem is solved. To this day, Honda has not even commented. Just an excuse for all the questions. My friend and I started a repair and we succeeded. New parts list: complete gearbox, oil pump, clutch basket with discs, gearbox sensor and clutch cover.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts