Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
I need help with my traction control problem. The indicator goes on while driving along with the check engine light. If I switch off the bike the traction control indicator goes off but the check engine light persists.
What did I check without success:
1. Cleanliness of speed sensors and rims.
2.Wiring as well as all fuses.
3. Proper instalation of rims and tyres.
4. Chain cleanliness and proper function.
5. Brought bike to mechanic for error code diagnosis and error indicates only traction control malfunction. He erased the error and off you go.
Any assistance will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6. Take bike to Honda
I took it to Honda mechanic. He was the damn authorized Honda mechanic but unfortunately he didn't solve the problem and now he says leave the bike to me for several days and when I have time to check I'll check and so and so... I'm frustrated with this guy and he is the reason I'm asking here.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
IDK about the Honda bikes because they have different software, but on Honda cars the traction control light often will come on with the engine light when you have a problem in the engine section even though there is actually nothing wrong with the traction control. With the engine light persisting, it sounds like an engine section issue yet you say the only DTC was in traction control. What code was stored?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
517 Posts
I'm frustrated with this guy and he is the reason I'm asking here.
It could be because of a variety of issues. Anyone without actually touching the bike would be guessing. TC starts with the wheel speed rings and sensors. Check the speed rings and wires connected to the sensors for damage or breaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IDK about the Honda bikes because they have different software, but on Honda cars the traction control light often will come on with the engine light when you have a problem in the engine section even though there is actually nothing wrong with the traction control. With the engine light persisting, it sounds like an engine section issue yet you say the only DTC was in traction control. What code was stored?
I don't know the code cause at that time I didn't consider it as a major issue and the mechanic told me that the error was something general about TC malfunction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could be because of a variety of issues. Anyone without actually touching the bike would be guessing. TC starts with the wheel speed rings and sensors. Check the speed rings and wires connected to the sensors for damage or breaks. To be honest it seems a little slack to me.
Thank you for your input but I have done that already. Could it be the tension of the chain? If it is too slack? The bike has 17000km and chain has never been adjusted cause mechanic during oil changes said it's fine.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
517 Posts
Thank you for your input but I have done that already. Could it be the tension of the chain? If it is too slack? The bike has 17000km and chain has never been adjusted cause mechanic during oil changes said it's fine.
Not the chain. The TC compares front wheel speed to rear wheel speed. When the front wheel is in the air, it slows down so TC kicks in. If you get rear wheel spin then again, the front wheel is slower so TC kicks in. The chain is not involved unless it breaks, falls off, or jumps the sprockets.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
We don't know. Have you looked at the chain and checked the tension? I doubt it would throw traction control errors, but I do expect it needs adjustment unless you are a very gentle rider.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Anyone without actually touching the bike would be guessing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!

I like guessing games, though. :)

the mechanic told me that the error was something general about TC malfunction.
Eh, still sounds like what a car does when certain engine codes set. Otherwise it would be a specific code for a sensor, power supply, solenoid, etc.
How does he explain the engine light coming on? Did he look in the engine section for DTCs or just the TC section?

The bike has 17000km and chain has never been adjusted cause mechanic during oil changes said it's fine.

Reactions: Bevo
1 - 11 of 11 Posts