Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has noticed any change in throttle response with TC off and Power set to 3? Is there a genuine difference or is it just in my head?
TC doesn't affect the throttle unless you get rear wheel spin or front wheel lift. On the 2019 there's a definite difference between Rain, Standard, and Sport mode. Honda made the fuel map more smooth after 2019 as the throttle in Sport mode was a bit twitchy.

One way to test it with TC off, change power settings and see how long it takes to get wheel lift rolling on the throttle in 1st gear between power settings.

· Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TC doesn't affect the throttle unless you get rear wheel spin or front wheel lift. On the 2019 there's a definite difference between Rain, Standard, and Sport mode. Honda made the fuel map more smooth after 2019 as the throttle in Sport mode was a bit twitchy.

One way to test it with TC off, change power settings and see how long it takes to get wheel lift rolling on the throttle in 1st gear between power settings.
Thats what I thought, the throttle feeling "more direct" with TC off is probably in my head trying to open up abit more to test the bike without TC

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
Thats what I thought, the throttle feeling "more direct" with TC off is probably in my head trying to open up abit more to test the bike without TC
If the maps are anything like the SC77 SP, ECU intervention is more apparent in lower gears, that's why most of the difference is felt in 1st gear. While rolling slow in first, roll on the throttle until you get wheel lift. Either notice RPM or MPH at wheel lift between the power setting with TC off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts