Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just inspected the front brake pads on my 2019 CB1000R, the pads look fine in the Tokico calipers, however when it comes to fit new ones or just clean out crud etc......HOW do you take the pads out?
No sign of any pins that hold pads in place, just lots of sprung steel clips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved by myself.
Remove the two caliper bolts, push the pistons back by twisting the caliper on the disc, move one brake pad way from the piston into a central location and pop out the pad, remove the other pad exactly the same way.
Clean all items and re-assemble in reverse order. Don't forget to move brake lever to push pads upto disc before riding bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are very careful, you can activate brake lever while pads are out to push pistons out for cleaning BUT NO more than 8mm. So be VERY careful. More than this and brake system will need fully bleeding. I use brake cleaner then brake fluid and a small brush to clean pistons, an old shoe lace wrapped around each piston does an excellet job. Hardest work is pushing the pistons fully back into the caliper, a small woodern block is handy to hold opposite pistons in while working the other pair. KEEP AN EYE ON EACH PISTON. Finally check level of fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts