Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todays pics..

Barmouth mid Wales, about an hour and a half from here.
Fantastic run up into Wales, virtually no traffic, no police, 70 ish miles of superb roads to work up an appetite for a coffee and bacon sammich for lunch.

Not me on the wall btw....I think he just liked the cb thou....hahahaaaaaaa

About 30 mins later, across estuary to Fairbourne....avoiding toll road. Took about 30 mins...time for another coffee.... there's always time for good coffee...

Really cool narrow guage, runs like clockwork along the fortified coastline for 3 miles.
Great place to stop for another coffee and watch the world go by.

Coffee'd out, departed Fairbourne and headed for Towyn, saw two gulls on wall, deserved a pic I thought. Tried for a closer shot, but they weren't having the paperazzi treatment....

Parked up at Tallyllyn....

Beautiful run down through the glaciated valley. Those that have seen the Mach Loop aviation vids on youtube will be familiar with the terrain. No fighter jets today though...booo!

Then on to Machynlleth, for another coffee followed by a chilled ride home...with detours just under 300 miles....fab day....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wish I had choices for such rides where I live, pretty boring here. But hey, least I'm on the bike. The NSC definitely suits the 'cafe' lifestyle, the looks of the bike do grow on you.

·
Read Only
80 Posts
What a nice trip... :eek:
I lived for 7 years in North Wales (Colwyn Bay) and know this area very well...
Would like to drive there now!!
Are u happy with the SHOEI? I'm wearing exactley the same model and style!! :cool:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the Shoei.
Light, comfortable, good in all weathers, and crashes well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So jealous. We've had an entire February of temps below 0C, and most days closer to -20C. My Brit friends posted pictures from last weekend, it looked gorgeous there.

At least I've been able to put off the new chain and sprocket my bike needs, given that it's going to be at least another month before I can get out of the street.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's a serious amount of coffee you've swigged there.

I'd be struggling to concentrate, riding along looking for a layby, side road or gateway to nip into to splash me boots ;)

Don't forget we gotta meet up at the Ponderosa one of these weekends.

I did Aberyswyth last Saturday, lovely ride.
Barmouth drives me mad due to the miles of traffic jam trying to get into the town from the east, alright from the north though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a serious amount of coffee you've swigged there.
Guilty M'Lud...serious coffee fag here....

Don't forget we gotta meet up at the Ponderosa one of these weekends.
Yes! I'm free most Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon. ...please ping me a pm and we'll sort it? :)

Barmouth drives me mad due to the miles of traffic jam trying to get into the town from the east, alright from the north though.
It's all down to timing and missing the holiday punters...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What exhaust is that mate? Looks spot on.
Thanks!
It's a Ti Arrow.
2 mins to fit.
Fit and finish is 100%
With baffle in it's about 50% louder (deeper tone) than stock.
With baffle out it's a police stop waiting to happen lol. (fu*king LOUD!) lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got done with a blast in the black hills in South Dakota. Gorgeous riding and scenery. I can’t say the bike even came close to its performance potential but it was a great time.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts