Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i had a cb1000r 12plate extreme which i had for 3 yrs .In my opinion a very capable machine suspension was a bit suspect but as with all from the big H well built did what it said on the tin.When the time came to change i did not fancy buying exactly what i had had for the previous 3 yrs so went to BMWs1000r .Again a very capable bike mental power loved the electric suspension although the motor sounded like a bag of nails. The build quality was not up to the big H.I have now owned my 19 plate cb1000r for 8 mts and 1100 mls i really like the machine better suspension although not a patch on the BMW'S. The seat is nowhere near as comfy as the old model.The motor is a peach instrument cluster is clear although there seems to be things on there just for the sake of it . Overall so glad to be back on a Honda.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I first saw the BMW in IOM and thought what a nice looking machine. At the time was riding a 14GSX and was looking to change to a 1000cc. I read many articles about various bikes that could do this and that but overall nothing compared to the CB 1000r, especially the red extreme (fastest colour by far). It might lack the excitement of a Tuono factory or similar but great all rounder. Honda is where the heart is.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right red is best that said i got a deal on a silver 1 .In general why oh why do Honda do such shit colours. my old extreme was luvvly .i have a few classic Hondas a blue sandcast red ko and a shitty brown k1 all better than the boring colours of todays bikes.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
interesting comparisons. I have no intention of swapping out my CB any time soon, but if I had unlimited funds to devote to bike lust, it'd be a Tuono V4 1100 Factory for me. and if I had just as much lust but a bit thinner wallet, I hop on the KTM 890 Duke R... all speculation, of course, and I'm sure neither would be as brainlessly seamlessly troublefree and just 'do what it says on the box' the way the Honda does!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is it in a nutshell all the exotica will cost a fortune to run . My 12 plate cb extreme did 24k . no dealer service who ever needed to check the valve clearance let alone adjust em . Sure the BMW S1000R was faster more tech .Did i need it all no most of us would never reach 70% of the bikes ability .As a 1it naked the cb is as good a anything out there for mere mortal riders just
a shame as i said before they are in shit colours BRING ON THE EXTREME!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts