Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last August (!) I had my front brakes apart to give 'em a clean, as I like to do a couple times per season. When I re-assembled them, the two little bolts that hold the wheel speed sensor to the forks were nowhere to be seen. Mystery! I looked high and low, of course, but couldn't find 'em. Luckily, I had a couple bolts that fit, so I could get on the road, and I ordered the two from Honda. Fast forward to this spring... Got the bike back on the road mid-March. And while popping the cover on it the other day.... THERE IT WAS! The little frikkin bolt, See it, dead centre, first photo? Need help?
Second photo. No idea what happened, but I now have a spare!

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
at least you fouund it wonder no more!
I got some great advice on my local forum, out of this same post.
I have no garage, only an outdoor concrete parking pad.
1. sweep the pad clean before getting to work. ( good advice. I did. the debris accumulated thru the winter)
2. lay down a white tarp. this prevents dropped items from bouncing or rolling away; and it makes them easy to find. ( I wish i was smart enough to have done that...)
a 'pro' helicopter mechanic commented that he used to work on a white epoxy surface, which he thought was great. I'm gonna investigate doing a coating on my pad, that would have the same effect.
this has proven to be a very valuable 'learning experience', despite the minor frustration. funny how often that happens, isn't it!

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,040 Posts
I got some great advice on my local forum, out of this same post.
I have no garage, only an outdoor concrete parking pad.
1. sweep the pad clean before getting to work. ( good advice. I did. the debris accumulated thru the winter)
2. lay down a white tarp. this prevents dropped items from bouncing or rolling away; and it makes them easy to find. ( I wish i was smart enough to have done that...)
a 'pro' helicopter mechanic commented that he used to work on a white epoxy surface, which he thought was great. I'm gonna investigate doing a coating on my pad, that would have the same effect.
this has proven to be a very valuable 'learning experience', despite the minor frustration. funny how often that happens, isn't it!
Spray 'em with day-glow paint.

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ heh hehe. Colvert, I prefer to let them sit in my basement nuclear reactor for a couple days, so they become radioactive. then it's an easy job to track them down with the Geiger counter!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Consider buying a large magnet.
Then 'sweep' the area with it where you think you've dropped the elusive fastener.
9 times out of 10 you'll find it.
Added bonus, you'll be amazed at how many tiny nails, screws, bits of wire etc you'll pick up too...way better than finding them in your tyre.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts