Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I work at a bike shop with a dyno and figured I could put some rumors to rest with some visuals and end some speculation.

I have a 2012 cb1000r that I have put about 13k miles on. I have a yosh r77 and a bmc air filter but still no ECU mapping or PC5. I have read a ton of topics on here about quick mods on a stock bike for more power so I figured id just go ahead and test them out and post my results. keep in mind, this is intentionally done with no fuel or ignition changes and does not represent results when used in conjunction with a remap, ig advances, or power commander.

yesterday was hot and somewhat humid and our dyno reads a little low (however we did get 193 hp out of a '13 zx-14 with a brocks alienhead, bmc filter and an ECUnleashed) but you can compare the charts for each of the 3 conditions I tested for

1. yosh r77 and bmc filter
2. yosh r77, bmc, airbox flap mod
3. yosh r77, bmc, flap mod, pair valve block off

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, wasn't intending on posting that yet. anyways, the results are self explanatory. ill post the dyno results shortly

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was about to say??? lol Please post the results sir! Cool you were able to do this!

·
Registered
443 Posts
And how about one with the stock Honda air filter?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow. These bikes are all over the board.

The stock bikes have been known to put down similar if not slightly higher results? I just reread your post, so no PCV at all? Wonder what a pcv would add?

Looks like a gain of 1 ft lb of torque?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was at 115 with just the yosh. I have since put in the db killer and did a filter so im not surprised it dropped a tad

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no point at all. it would only be louder up until the flap opens which is probably 3-4 k then it is normally open anyways. couldn't hear a difference with an exhaust

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it can. ECUnleashed has a flash for the bike. only drawback with a Honda ecu is that it physically has to be modified by ECUnleashed to accept the flash. unlike the other japanese brands that literally just need to be hooked up to our software. we have had great luck with ECUnleashed on other bikes and i will be getting mine done when i can bear to not have my bike for a week while i send the ecu in. i would recommend looking into ECUnleashed as a company if you wish to do a reflash as it has several advantages over a PCV. my dealership is a dealer for them and i would be happy to answer any questions if you want to call me. we can even run it on the dyno if you bring your bike. if you wanted to do the reflash you would need to send us your ecu to be sent off for modification and for the flash. runs about $450

Evan Perry
Parts, Accessories, and Tuning
Star City Powersports
1(540)366-8500
1(866)275-5144

1 - 20 of 24 Posts