Honda CB1000R Forum banner

How do you rate the new forum..

• I like it, a positive step forward, nice one!

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I want to go back!

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Hmm not sure yet need a bit more time to decide

Votes: 11 32.4%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We wont be going back I'm afraid but it seems that all things considered, design, layout, colours, features (and a few teething problem) that most people seem quite happy with the new forum....

Which gives me an opportunity to try out the poll feature :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Errrr, so where's the poll Dan?

Edit: it's there now! I think it was because I first looked without being logged in.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Martin, you have to add a poll in two steps.... first the message then it pops up a new page asking for the poll question/options - wasn't too sure what it was doing at first but seems ok now.

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
All looking good. Forward is the way

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Good to hear some people prefer the darkside. Lurkers will know what I mean :lol

I'm mostly very pleased. Wish a couple of issues would go away a little quicker, but I know most things will be resolved soon and everything else will just wait for us to get used to it. I think it's a definite step in the right direction though :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
When you understand what 'people' means, you know it's not BS ;) Unfortunately webservers can't distinguish between a genuine user and a search engine crawling the site. There's a lot changed so we're being crawled a lot. Especially now we have search engine friendly URLs

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Getting used to it, but the screen is a bit in your face white. Thought at first it was a bit corporate rather than the old one which had a professional yet "club" feel to it.

Found its sister ducati org site and registered - mainly USA members but worthwhile reading.

·
Registered
95 Posts
To the admins and mods...

1) Are we able to edit the title of an entire thread?...If not, could that be enabled?
2) Can the ability to do text with a strikethrough be added to the existing bold/italic/underline?

Other than that, loving the forums and glad to have such a dedicated following here :thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
You should be able to edit the thread header.

Click 'edit post' then click 'go advanced'..................... Should work.

Admin will have to sort out the strike through tab.............. Not sure if you could do it in word, then copy and paste it over.... Bit of a faff I know.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts