Honda CB1000R Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Ha! Seriously? Like a Harley rider from the 70's? :taunt:rollin Surely not!

I thought everyone understood by now that motorcycles stop faster on their tires than on their side.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
you guys gotta get out more! my bike has been on its side a couple times, in the midst of long trips, when I've 'run out of' rear tire. (i.e., I fzkced up...) I carry sufficient tools to do just about anything, and it's easy to BUY a new tire even in smaller towns, but it's HARD to find shop time to have someone change it. soooo, lay 'er down; remove the rear wheel; and then changing and balancing is a quick job that almost anyone will do 'on the fly'! my understanding is that ADV guys do this all the time...

IMG_3665 (768x1024) by Don Serl, on Flickr

a couple borrowed shop towels, or even a sweater and/or T-shirt, and you're good to go. the peg feeler is a contact point, and seems delicate, but if you put 'er down gently, it works OK. a helping hand is much appreciated...

IMG_3667 (1024x768) by Don Serl, on Flickr

p.s. done the self-change using a fork-lift too... folks in small shops can be mighty accommodating when you're buying a couple hundred dollars worth of tire!

IMG_6290 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Interesting.

I started biking in 1954 and have never had a puncture.

Several times in the car but never on the bike.---:rolleyes:

Probably because I look at the road surface on a bike but not too often in the car.------:fingers

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Don, nothing you do with your bike is normal.

Nobody else has four gazillion miles on their CB or needs two sets of tires and three months to go on a "short" trip, Mr. Ironbutt.

Not much of that is hyperbole, either. XD

41 - 44 of 44 Posts