Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test-ride at Dobles this lunchtime on a Black ABS and ordered myself a White non-ABS version with seat cowl as soon as I got back to the showroom.

They've got one in stock so all I gotta do now is get some insurance and it is all mine.

Salesman was Peter Leech ( used sales over the road from main showroom ) who was very helpful, not too pushy, not too quiet, just right; gave me a fair trade-in on my p/x.

Lets just hope the weather picks up for the rest of the summer.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Another one bites the dust........... Selling like hot cakes these bikes methinks.

Glad you like like it.

Dobles have definetly got these bikes cornered at the moment. I spoke to a local dealer yesterday and they hadn't sold one. But then when their salesmen don't get back to people no wonder!!!! I think my other local dealer Fowlers has sold a couple.

Dobles managed to sort mine out as well.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hey Dave, that's great news. Did Pete have a REALLY deep voice? If so then he's the guy who finished off my order for me after the original salesman had the launch week off. Sorted everything out for me brilliantly :thumbup

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Antnee said:
Hey Dave, that's great news. Did Pete have a REALLY deep voice? If so then he's the guy who finished off my order for me after the original salesman had the launch week off. Sorted everything out for me brilliantly :thumbup
Sorry, can't say I noticed; I was simply concentrating on what he said rather than how he said it.

Just got myself a quote online from Bennets and they have quoted me less than £120 which I thought was very reasonable. Will be contacting current insurer tomorrow once their office opens to see how much they will charge me for change of vehicle. When I enquired last month they didn't have any rates yet for a CB1000R so I don't know what they can do for me.

Still haven't told SWMBO ... something about wanting a new kitchen makes me think that this will not go down too well ;)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Ha ha, just tell her you'll have a shiny new bike so you'll be out all day, leaving her time to do all the housework in peace. I'm sure that'll get you back on side! :rollin

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Still haven't told SWMBO ... something about wanting a new kitchen makes me think that this will not go down too well
Haha my hero!!!... you have alot more bottle than me....

Enjoy the new CB... very nice indeed in white...

By the way you are aware of the 40% Dobles discount I take it? (and you did mention the club I hope).

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAN said:
Still haven't told SWMBO ... something about wanting a new kitchen makes me think that this will not go down too well
Haha my hero!!!... you have alot more bottle than me....

Enjoy the new CB... very nice indeed in white...

By the way you are aware of the 40% Dobles discount I take it? (and you did mention the club I hope).
Yep, the Club and 40% discount both got a mention.

Absolutely no quibble re the discount so whatever teething problems there may have been at the beginning have clearly been sorted. Will also be looking to get a new lid when I collect the bike (didn't have time to look yesterday) so that will be another 40% saving.

Now from what I remember last time I did this, when mentioning the new purchase to SWMBO I should just stress the saving of a couple of hundred quid and that not only was it a bargain but it is just the right colour for the new bike rather than dwell on the few thousand I had to spend to get the discount :pray

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Yep, the Club and 40% discount both got a mention.

Absolutely no quibble re the discount so whatever teething problems there may have been at the beginning have clearly been sorted. Will also be looking to get a new lid when I collect the bike (didn't have time to look yesterday) so that will be another 40% saving.
Good stuff!!...

Remember the 40% only applies up to the day of delivery though - then it reverts back to the standard (but still fantastic) 20% owners discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts