Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R+ 2020
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I’m looking at getting some grips for the sides of the tank on my 2020 NSC. The reasons being that the riding jeans I wear are starting to mark the tank (it’s black so everything is leaving a marko_O), and I think the extra grip will be helpful through the twisties taking some of the load off my wrists and shoulders - I know I’m not gripping the tank as much as I should/could for concern of marking the tank even more (I know the bike is to be used but I also want to keep it in as good condition as possible:geek:). So for both paint protection and better handling I’m gonna buy a pair of tank grips. Does anyone here have any experience of them? Which brand performs best? Which ones look best on the NSC? They mostly seem to come in black or clear, anyone with experience of both? Do the clear ones yellow at all? Some of the brands I’ve been looking at are R&G, StompGrip, and Eazi-Grip. Lots of questions I know and I don’t expect every one answered but any thoughts and experience from you guys will be gratefully received. Many thanks🙏

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello.
I chose the techspec because I found them good.
They stick very well and are very easy to install.
They offer very good grip.
They seem durable.
According to the manufacturer they can be taken off and glued again as needed (which I have not tried)
The only flaw that I found is really the price is too high.
Here in Canada they cost 85$

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R+ 2020
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello.
They seem durable.
According to the manufacturer they can be taken off and glued again as needed (which I have not tried)
Here in Canada they cost 85$ View attachment 49279
Hello.
They seem durable.
Here in Canada they cost 85$ View attachment 49279
Thanks for this, I’ll check them out. They look great and too big like so many of the others I’ve seen. Cheers 👍

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R+ 2020
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn’t find a UK supplier for the Techspec tank pads so I went for the Eazi-Grip. Here’s a few pictures in case anyone in future wants to check them out as part of their research/decision making.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts