Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post photos and links to sellers of tail tidy or fender eliminators here:

Rizoma Fox universal (available at Carpimoto, click on photo):

Rossocromo universal (from Rossocromo, click on photo):

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does anyone make a tail tidy yet? My dealer told me they had one on order for their demo bike, but had no further information. As usual I think the blob of black plastic on the back is spoiling the bike. I like the look of the R&G prototype.
Any information would be grate!I dont want to look at the back of the bike until i get rid of the plastic blob!!!
thanx!!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi andrewyfzr6 :welcome :hello

The ones at the top (especially the universal Rizoma one) are available now. I'm waiting on the R&G one. Have you seen how simple it is to remove the existing one?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I dont want to fit a universal jobbie ,as i did with my 1st r6, cos the fit was never very good. 2nd R6 (2006 model) was out between 3-4wks when i bought it and the bespoke tail tidy was here before the bike. So im hopeing the R&G or similar will be available within days!!!!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I've not removed mine, no, but if you look in the Italian forum you will see some members who have done so already.

The R&G one should be available very soon though :thumbup

·
Registered
174 Posts
Antnee- when you say soon, how soon if you have any more info pleez? I hate the arse of my bike just now!
andreanegri- Is you tail tidy a bought one or homemade, if its bought where do i get 1?

thanx!!!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
The R&G is due between 1 and 3 weeks from now, as at the CB launch evening last week Dan was told two weeks, but an email from R&G said 4 weeks apparently.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rossocromo tail tidy now available, appears to be without a light though :(

(click on image for link)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I see they have a couple more parts available here also.

As we have been told already, in Italy the number plate should still stick out (legally) as the standard one does, and this Rosso Cromo one appears to do it also, albeit less than the original. I'll wait for the R&G I think :thumbup

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Yep the R & G looks like the best choice to me too... :thumbup

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I agree too.I tidied the tail on my Hornet and it looks great but when it rains now I get all the shyte thrown up my back! :thumbdown

I'd still do it though 'cos I'm vain. ;)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Steve, that's already a 'problem' on the CB1000R. Dirt from the road does get up and onto the pillion seat, even with the standard numberplate hanger, so a tidy isn't going to make it any worse!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hmmm.I wonder if R&G might make an after market seat rain cover. ;) Ant, Tesco do 'em for free if you fill them with groceries!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts