Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gear lever-1.jpg Just fitted this SW Motech gear shift lever. Why? Well, I have size 14 (50 in Euro sizing, 15 US) feet. I rode a Ducati Multistrada a couple of weeks back and it highlighted just how cramped the gap between foot peg and lever is on the CB with my enormous feet! On the Multi I didn't have to shift my foot back to get my toes under the gear lever, which I have to do on the CB. This isn't too much of a problem on short runs but becomes a literal pain on longer rides. The SW Motech lever offers 3cm of adjustment. As it turns out, most of that adjustments is to the rear, which is a bit annoying but I've gained an extra centimetre between foot peg and lever. I may not get the chance to ride it this weekend but will report back once I have. The lever's noticeably stiffer than the standard one, but whether this will translate into any noticeable benefit remains to be seen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having ridden about 150 miles today, I thought I'd post an update on how the lever feels. Well, as my wife my say, what a difference a centimetre makes! The extra space is very noticeable and it took a while to get used to it as my natural instinct was to move my foot as I had before which resulted in the end of my toes glancing the lever. Once I got used to not having to move my foot so much, I noticed that the alloy peg is much nicer than the standard rubber one and that the shift action feels stiffer but much more positive. The lever really is a lot less flexible than the original lever and this translates into very clearly signposted shifts. I think the extra effort required to deliver the shift is probably because of the more forward position of the lever peg which thus reduces leverage. All-in-all, it's a very positive change for someone with large or small feet or for anyone looking for a more positive shift action.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts