Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v been to the bike shop again and can't keep away from the new R1 (the black one ;) ) I think im going f**k mad i'v had 5 new bikes since 2006 and my present bike is a Kawasaki ZX6R 2009 and its the dogs nuts i love it but that ficking R1 keeps giving me the evil eye and im wilting can some one put me off so i can save some money :help

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
If you can afford it.......BUY IT ! !

You obviously havent found ' the bike for you '

Just don't do what I did, and end up with 3 sports bikes..... All the bloody same but with different badges.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tbeachly said:
R1 mental!!!

Personally I would like a 1098 or MV Augusta.

R1's are just a bit too common :rollin
Common that'a me all over :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gargoyle said:
If you can afford it.......BUY IT ! !

You obviously havent found ' the bike for you '

Just don't do what I did, and end up with 3 sports bikes..... All the bloody same but with different badges.
Got the money got the OK from the wife but i must stop the Kwak is brilliant what is it ain't gonna make me dick bigger is it :notme

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Antnee said:
The R1 is a ghastly looking bike! Keep the ZX6R or try the RSV4. Yum!
Noooooooooooo the R1 is lush and the power is mind blowing :p

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Common, 2 a penny, :blah :blah :blah :banghead

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
roofer said:
I'v been to the bike shop again and can't keep away from the new R1 (the black one ;) ) I think im going f**k mad i'v had 5 new bikes since 2006 and my present bike is a Kawasaki ZX6R 2009 and its the dogs nuts i love it but that ficking R1 keeps giving me the evil eye and im wilting can some one put me off so i can save some money :help
I would hold off this now Mate & Buy the Newer R1 when it comes out ina Year or 2, I know the present R1 is madder than a box of Frogs, but it is 1 ugly bas£$rdin bike.
I know you only live once & all that crap, but whats the Hurry :notme
You've only just bought the ZX6R, maybe its time to just cool the Beans a bit & make a more informed choice early next year, & by Saving your Pennys now you could have the pic of the bunch :evil
Sup to you mate, just buy 1 you 'really- really' want next time!!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Get a CB1000R. :thumbup Seriously, your Kwacker looks great and I bet handles as good as any other sports bike if the reports are anything to go by. My issue would be the size but as I keep telling the missus its not everything. As the Satchel Man says wait until next year at least, could pick up a bargain if you still want one.
Not sure this helps but what the hell, you'll do what you want to do and I wouldn't blame you if you changed (you only live once).
Weekend weather looks good, go for a blast and see how you feel. :beer

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mrcb1 said:
Like the engine, LOVE the sound, but it's FUGLY :shake
I would have had 1 by now, but it's not as good looking as this 1
Had one of them white&red loved it should have kept it.The power in the new one is in another league IMO ;)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'm hoping the new 2010 Fazer will have the 2009 engine :fingers
You'd think Yamaha would do something radical to compete with the CB1 :rolleyes

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm hoping the next CB1 has the dual clutch gearbox and around 20BHP more :pray :pray

C'mon Mr Honda, you know it makes sense ! any inside info about the 2012 model Antnee?

NB proberbly get a dark green one with brown leather patches to match the beige offering

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
No idea about the next gen CB1000R, though I have been saying for ages that the CBR E-ABS would be welcome, as long as they retain the same brakes as the non-ABS. Also agree that a bit more power would be nice, but too much would ruin the bike's personality, so to speak.

The 2010 FireBlade has a new crank and different fly wheel. Maybe some of these updates will make it in to the CB one day too

·
Registered
320 Posts
If it absolutely has to be Japanese go for the Blade, better looking and all round a better bike. But I'm with Ant on this, the Aprillia is something else, it'd be rude not to try one if you're looking at litre sports bikes, and the R1 sure ain't pretty. Let's face it, you've got to get something before the winter melts the Kwak!!
Jerry

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Deal done gone for the blue R1 pick it up 10th October as im working flat out and need the money to pay for it :yay :yay :banana :banana Thanks for all the comments and opinions but the seed was planted the day i had the test ride just had to have one. Got the blue one and saved £1000 :banana :banana :banana :banana

1 - 20 of 70 Posts