Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018, and I’ve had a couple tank slappers come up on me from just bumps in the road and would like to not have that happen again. I’ve been looking for a stabilizer but. I don’t see one made for the NSC years. Anyone know of one? Or is my suspension just that far out of whack to cause that?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
1,002 Posts
Or is my suspension just that far out of whack to cause that?
If the front is coming off the ground and landing off-axis, that's what's causing the slapper. Steering damper or suspension adjustment won't solve that.

My CBR has the HESD. Once I was leaned over in a high speed sweeper. I rolled on the throttle just out of the apex, hit a dip and the front lifted. Since I was still applying force on the steering at that instant to turn the bike, the front came down off-axis and I had one hell of a tank slapper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm on the hunt for one as well I had a bad tank slapper back in the day on my cbr954 never again do I want to experience that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018, and I’ve had a couple tank slappers come up on me from just bumps in the road and would like to not have that happen again. I’ve been looking for a stabilizer but. I don’t see one made for the NSC years. Anyone know of one? Or is my suspension just that far out of whack to cause that?
Hi, there is an after market steering damper bracket for the NSC CB1000R which is form Thailand called "RSV Racing" and the steering damper could use the universal fit damper such as Ohlins or something else.

Here is what I install Ohlins steering damper SD008 with RSV Racing bracket on my 20 NSC CB1000R.

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts