Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting problem SOLVED

My 2010 bike was in the garage for 6 month without a battery. Today I wanted to go for spin and installed the battery. Problem is that when I turn the key nothing happens. The dash wont turn on and fuel pump makes no sound (normally it did some buzzing sound, at least I think its fuel pump :) ). The battery is good. Checked the fuses and they are good too. What else can be the problem?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Probably the relay, top centre of the pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I can't understand why I sometimes get TWO images.---:notme

·
Registered
18 Posts
More details, think you need to check the positive / negative wiring at battery as to make sure they are tight connected, then the fuse at starter relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help COLVERT, got my bike working again. The Main 30A fuse inside Starter Relay switch was broken. After swapping it for a new one bike started like normal. Didn't know that there are fuses inside there :)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Thanks for the help COLVERT, got my bike working again. The Main 30A fuse inside Starter Relay switch was broken. After swapping it for a new one bike started like normal. Didn't know that there are fuses inside there :)
You're welcome.---Now get out in the sunshine and go fast enough that those nasty viruses can't catch you.--;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts