Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have a 2009 cb1000r with 16k on her only bought her 4 months ago,
I have a problem with starting her now she has been fine and on the button, but recently has been hard to start just turns over all lights on and working ok, fuel pump primes just not firing, so put a new battery on and no change, it will start sometimes after a lot of trying,
I disconnected the heated grips, but no change. all fuse are good and no other items changed on the bike that would result in this issue it does seem to be getting worse, sometimes flattening the battery to start her,

I just wondered if there is a know issue with the starting ?
Any help would be brilliant

Kind regards Phill

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,053 Posts
Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have a 2009 cb1000r with 16k on her only bought her 4 months ago,
I have a problem with starting her now she has been fine and on the button, but recently has been hard to start just turns over all lights on and working ok, fuel pump primes just not firing, so put a new battery on and no change, it will start sometimes after a lot of trying,
I disconnected the heated grips, but no change. all fuse are good and no other items changed on the bike that would result in this issue it does seem to be getting worse, sometimes flattening the battery to start her,

I just wondered if there is a know issue with the starting ?
Any help would be brilliant

Kind regards Phill
Even though you have a new battery, just to make sure the battery is up to the job, connect a car battery ( fully charged ) up to the battery terminals. ( carefully . ) The trouble about the earlier model was the size of the battery. Not enough cranking amps. Lots of posts about this problem can be found in the forum over quite a few years. If you find by trying this the engine starts easily then you've found the problem. The answer then is to fit a higher capacity battery.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This sounds similar to a problem I've had for a bit. It might sound strange but mine doesn't start very well on the side stand. If I put stand up it starts on the button.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,053 Posts
Hi, Phill.---I noticed you looked in on the forum 2 days ago.--How are you getting on with that starting problem ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies so far not had chance to try them yet but all seem good options and will try them first before taking all the panels off and doing it the hard way with a volt meter
Thanks again all
I shall reply when I get going as it may be an easy fix,,,,, you never know,
Cheers Phill

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,053 Posts
This sounds similar to a problem I've had for a bit. It might sound strange but mine doesn't start very well on the side stand. If I put stand up it starts on the button.
If the situation changes by simply moving the side stand then it sounds like the switch on the side stand is the cause. Water got into it or dirt maybe or simply not fixed on properly. Needs a close inspection.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the situation changes by simply moving the side stand then it sounds like the switch on the side stand is the cause. Water got into it or dirt maybe or simply not fixed on properly. Needs a close inspection.
Thanks. Yeah I was thinking along the same lines. I'll be giving it some attention after Christmas when I'll get chance to get back in the shed

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I would look at the neutral switch instead of the sidestand switch, leedsrhino.

Check out THIS thread and you will see why.

Reactions: leedsrhino15
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.