Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody, took a cb1000r Demo Bike from Victor Divines 4a Spin 2 weeks ago & really enjoyed it, have now part ex'd the 03 Fazer Thou & taken delivery of my New White cb 2 days ago. Yesterday i went up 2 Knockhill Race Circuit 2 watch the Track Day Action, & my friends all seemed well impressed with the Bike which is good. From there took a spin 2 Crianlarich & continued up through Glencoe, & back down the side of Loch Lomond, home to Glasgow. It was a fantastic 1st run, clocked up 250 miles & even the sun was shining for once?! The bike performed brilliantly, (its so small & nimble compared 2 the Fazer) & the Tyres & Brakes are both feeling much better now!! Had a Honda seat cowl, Red Wheel Tapes & R&G tail tidy fitted when i bought it, have removed the rear pegs & am currently deciding what mod 2 spend next weeks wages on??!! Im really Confident ive made a Great choice with the CB, & am going 2 head for a run over Dukes Pass this avo 2 scrub the rest of the 'Chicken Strips' off the rear tyre. FUN!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Welcome to you Satchel Man and congratulations on the new 'bike! :beer You seem to have done what appears to me to be the standard mods so far ( as I would too!). :thumbup Bet she looks a cracker!!

You seem to have 'settled in' quite well already! :clap Enjoy.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Satchel Man :welcome

As the Fordz says it sounds like you've got the essential mods in there already; tail tidy, seat cowl and passenger pegs off, but I bet the rim tape makes the bike a little more unique amongst CB1000Rs. If only there was a good looking exhaust system and I'm sure that would be on the essential list too

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
:welcome mate. :thumbup You're almost run-in already ! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
:welcome , That sounds like a good little run, its been years since Ive been up to Loch Lomand, we did it 2 years in a row all the way up to Inverness and then onto John O Groats....

Like you say its fortunate to see rain, we were lucky it pissed it down at night and then dried up first thing in the morning, thank god as we were camping and need to dry out.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys & Thankyou all for the Welcome. Have been spending a bit of time looking through the great Forum & am enjoying learning more about my new Pride & Joy. Originaly wanted the none ABS bike for the performance & looks, but here in Glasgow i had no choice but 2 buy the ABS version as that was all that was avialable, so yesterday i put it through its paces & have 2 say the Brakes r good enough 4 me (doesnt say much mind u) as long as i can still fit Wavy Discs when funds allow. Does any1 know if Galfer & Braking r on the case yet?
Took it over Dukes Pass yesterday, which is a very tight windy road full of hairpin bends, it really showed the Bikes mid range torque & although im only taking it up to 6000rpm until run in it was still much quicker & more fun than my old bike, cant wait until 600 mile service done so can let it rip properly!! Crash Bungs, Carbon Exhaust, Ohlins Steering Damper & Wavy Discs on the wish list this now, & maybe a trick paint job next year. Better go b4 long suffering Fiance reads this & ceases my bank account?!

p.s. No im not a Postie, just a daft nickname from years ago!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts