Honda CB1000R Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered the S1-GP from Italy. Heard the SC PROJECT ones are pretty good.
But buying exhausts online is a shot in the dark either way. Smartphone vidis hardly depict the sound accurately.
Well, worst case: It's significantly smaller and opens up the view on the tire. But I was really on the fence to go for the black Conic 70 one.
These are decisions PURELY made on looks. I have no idea which one will have the sound profile I'm looking for (throaty, bassy, muffled – instead of bright, high pitched or harsh)

Anyone has any experience with those 2 pipes?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
406 Posts
Anyone has any experience with those 2 pipes?
Since they're both EURO 4 the sound level will probably be about the same. I have the Conic 70'S Muffler. It may be louder than OEM, but not by much. One of the key reasons I bought it was the ease of removal when dismounting the rear wheel as compared to the OEM muffler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since they're both EURO 4 the sound level will probably be about the same. I have the Conic 70'S Muffler. It may be louder than OEM, but not by much. One of the key reasons I bought it was the ease of removal when dismounting the rear wheel as compared to the OEM muffler.

I'm not sure if I even need it to be louder … but the look of OEM ist just … BAD!
And if it sounds “better“, I'm happy.

It's just that if the SOUND is the SAME, I wouldve gone for the black Conic, instead of a titanium coloured one.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
406 Posts
It's just that if the SOUND is the SAME, I wouldve gone for the black Conic, instead of a titanium coloured one.
I'm sure the sound is very similar. Obviously the biggest difference between the SC-Project EURO 4 slip-ons is style and color.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts