Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see many pics of bikes on here with no sliders/mushrooms and have had a skim through a few threads. Do you people not fit them for asthetic reasons or for some other reason? I have dropped previous bikes well, perhaps twice that I can recall where I did some damage. I know they are no good for high speed crashes but for slow stuff or some dodgy driveweay manouvering they must be a worth while thing on a naked?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I see many pics of bikes on here with no sliders/mushrooms and have had a skim through a few threads. Do you people not fit them for asthetic reasons or for some other reason? I have dropped previous bikes well, perhaps twice that I can recall where I did some damage. I know they are no good for high speed crashes but for slow stuff or some dodgy driveweay manouvering they must be a worth while thing on a naked?
You pays yer money and take your chances....
I've had 3 offs where sliders have saved the day, but I guess I've been lucky.
If your bike is sliding down the road, and a slider hooks into something solid it's likely to suffer way more damage than the slider could have prevented.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought the R&G sliders ages ago. When they arrived I thought they looked too bulky so I didn’t fit them.

Months later I was stupid, stalled during a U-turn, and found myself involuntarily transitioning the bike from vertical to horizontal. No real damage except to my pride, but the left engine case was slightly scuffed.

My bike now has the R&G sliders fitted, and they don’t look bulky at all. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi.
I never wanted to install frame sliders because I thought it disfigured the bike but yours seem much better and really more beautiful.
Do they protect the entire engine well?
maybe if combined with axle sliders?
you can barely see it, that's why i choose em.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi.
I never wanted to install frame sliders because I thought it disfigured the bike but yours seem much better and really more beautiful.
Do they protect the entire engine well?
I painted my side covers black with plastidip to see how they looked. Love the black. Is your bike the black edition? Wondering where I can get those beautiful black side covers. Sorry for derailing the thread everyone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I painted my side covers black with plastidip to see how they looked. Love the black. Is your bike the black edition? Wondering where I can get those beautiful black side covers. Sorry for derailing the thread everyone.

Hi. Yes I have a black edition.
I'm not sure but I believe the size of the side covers has changed for 2021.

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
182 Posts
I have the SW Motech Crash Bars. Took a bit to get used to, but they definitely saved my bike with the help of Puig rear axle sliders. Unfortunately I found out first hand a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought the R&G sliders ages ago. When they arrived I thought they looked too bulky so I didn’t fit them.

Months later I was stupid, stalled during a U-turn, and found myself involuntarily transitioning the bike from vertical to horizontal. No real damage except to my pride, but the left engine case was slightly scuffed.

My bike now has the R&G sliders fitted, and they don’t look bulky at all. Lesson learned.
OOOOoooooOOooOooOOoooooooooo!
You kept THAT quiet ;-)

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
109 Posts
I have the Evotech Sliders on my 2021 CB1000R . It's not too bulky and also they sell spares if you damage it.
I did not buy or use the bobbin on the rear as I use the single side arm stand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did order some sliders last week, just normal round ones and they've arrived today. Fitted and don't look too bad tbh. Better than I thought. The engine did drop slightly on the kick stand side and had to use a jack to lift the engine perhaps 1mm or so but all sorted, the bolt wouldn't quite go in.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
109 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts