Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed frame slider on my cb1000R 2012 and after riding from work when I got home I saw that left side was loose and what I did in trying to tighten it but it looks like the thread was stripped but when I put the original bolt it was ok. The other it was the right side same thing happen. I bought that from Kapsco.
Anyone who knows what size of the bolt? Is that M10 ? I had a feeling also the bolt is a bit short.
Please help me to identify what size of this bolt on the picture with the circle.
Thanks you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
You must have the original bolts you took out, measure the diameter of one of them.

Also if you measure the thickness of the slider you can add that to your original bolt length to give the final bolt length you require.---:book

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Don't know where you are located pal but from the size of that rear number plate i'd guess your one of our American brothers.

A quick site search threw this up - it may be relevant https://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/modification/14885-frame-slider-bolts.html

Also I have heard of people having alignment problems if they haven't supported the weight of the engine during fitting.

Hope this helps pal. :thumbup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for all of your reply and really appreciate. I found the size. It is M12x 1.25 thread pitch and the length depends on application. Hope this info will help other member. Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts