Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know if the service manual listed for a CB1000R also covers abs components or do I need a manual listed as CB1000RA.

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
where are you? if the USA, you never had the ABS version there, so the manual might not include that. however, there is VERY little difference ( except for the braking components) between the two.

as well, my manual ( which is a digital version ) published April 2011, includes this statement in the introduction:

"This manual describes the service procedures for the CB1000R/RA."

my guess is, it does cover the ABS version as well...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright yeah I'm in the states. Found a used paperback on eBay for 50.00 so went ahead and purchased it. Next up new fork seals. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
could You please share the digital version of the manual as I cannot find it on the internet. I have found only owners manual.
Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
could You please share the digital version of the manual as I cannot find it on the internet. I have found only owners manual.
Thanks.
This type of activity is usually frowned upon on sites like this. I'm not asking for a free manual just wondering if there are separate manuals for ABS and non-ABS models. Want to make sure I purchase the right one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi does anyone know if the service manual listed for a CB1000R also covers abs components or do I need a manual listed as CB1000RA.

View attachment 41578

This is from my service manual printed 04/2011. Looks like yours in your photo and does cover all abs components. Don’t know if this helps anything? These service manuals do make great late night reading though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Thanks for the reply. My front fork seal is leaking and a local dealership quoted me 400.00 to fix it. Think I'll do it myself :) Thanks for the reply dude.

·
Registered
84 Posts
:D Thanks for the reply. My front fork seal is leaking and a local dealership quoted me 400.00 to fix it. Think I'll do it myself :) Thanks for the reply dude.
No problem. You can do it fine yourself and save a ton, plus you will know it was done right! I would replace both while I was at it, but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
My MT-01 had a front fork leak about 1/4 inch wide. Was preparing myself to get the bits together to renew both seals. Then I removed the forks from the yokes and used a Sealmate device (thin plastic a sort of sharks fin shape). Ran it round the gap between the seal and the stanchion a few times as well as pumping the fork leg in between times. Trouble happened at 4000 miles by the time I traded the bike for my 15 CB1000RA about 5 years later there was no recurrence of any leak. Worth considering!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Service Manuals da cb1000r

Olá pessoal sou do Brasil, preciso do manual de serviço da cb1000r,se alguém tiver poderia me enviar 😥😥

·
Registered
97 Posts
same as above if anyone has a digital .pdf of the service manual for the 2014 R/A manual it would be of great help if you could post a link for down load please

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Hey, Rcktman

If you have a specific section you need I can PM you pics of those pages, but you won't have an easy time finding a .pdf of the entire factory manual.

I've not been able to find it yet and I've looked several times over the years. (doesn't mean there isn't one out there somewhere) I own the paper factory manual, but a .pdf on my phone would be nice.

It's also frowned upon by the admins to post copyrighted material on here. A page here or there is ignored, but the full service manual cannot be posted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts