Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R; 2018 CBR1000RR SP
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when Helm Inc usually release their service manuals to the market for the latest models?
I see that the 2021 CBR1000RR-R SP service manual is already out; but, alas, nothing for the 2021 CB1000R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This may seem obvious, but I assume most things are carried over mechanically from 18-19 to 21 ?
As to say a older service manual would suffice? I know there are aesthetic differences primarily the headlight assembly but I would assume they didn't redesign much of the bike.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may seem obvious, but I assume most things are carried over mechanically from 18-19 to 21 ?
As to say a older service manual would suffice? I know there are aesthetic differences primarily the headlight assembly but I would assume they didn't redesign much of the bike.
That's true, if I am desperate enough to want it now.
But, I can wait for the 2021 version to be released.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Called Helm, Inc and they said they do not have Honda's release schedule.

So, I emailed North American Honda Powersports and they said that they do now have such information, and that I should called up Helm.

Felt like I am working with the Federal Govn't; the right hand does not know what the left hand does and the left hand has no knowledge of the right foot. No one knows anything and that's how Sep 11, 2001 occurred with ease.

Honda makes quite exciting motorcycles but communicating with Honda has not reached a 21st Century e-commerce standards yet or anywhere close. It made me feel really small, unimportant as their customer and the customer-facing employees project the image of "I just work here".

All in all, the transportation industry has a long way to learn about customer service.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's interesting that in the 1960's, customer service at Honda plays a much different tune than North America Honda now; or, even Honda Japan, which is unreachable by American customers.

I do have to say that there's no easy way to reach Kawasaki, Japan either or Nikon Japan, for that matter.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i heve the 18-20 in pdf

Reactions: BigOne-94-14

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the US, we are told by North American Honda to get our service manuals from Helm Inc. (their designated publisher).
What about Europe? Where do you guys get your service manuals?
Incidentally, does Honda publish their service manuals in electronic format anymore?

·
Registered
155 Posts
What about Europe? Where do you guys get your service manuals?
At the Honda stea^H^H^H^Hdealer.

Honda Intranet tells them not to download the goodies.

Got some pdf from Russian or Baltic source,
they are samizdat grade bootleg.
Meaning long spaghetti of scanned pages jpg,
no OCR, so no links or search available.

British Clymer or Haines offer no CB1000R NSC.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Arcimboldi , ... haha ... your postings often requires a string of decryption devices and more time to understand what you are saying.

Nonetheless, when I am patient and meditate on your words, the contents are often useful and interesting.

> At the Honda stea^H^H^H^Hdealer
Do the dealers Europe sell electronic format service manuals, though?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts